Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Listen To Danny Rocco's Post Game Press Conference
A new feature this season on LibertyFlames.com is audio of head coach Danny Rocco's post game press conference on its website. The day following all Flames football games coach Rocco's comments to the media will be made available.
To listen to coach Rocco's post game comments following the Flames 10-3 loss at Towson please click here. (To download right click "save target as")
Fanning The Flames
• Liberty currently ranks third in the nation in scoring defense as the Flames have allowed an average of just 5.67 points per game.
• The Flames have allowed just 17 total points this season, marking the second best three-game defensive span in school history. Liberty allowed 14 points over a three-game span in 1974 when the Flames posted back-to-back shutouts followed by 14 points surrendered to Ferrum over the last three games of the season.
• Liberty currently ranks fifth in the nation in rushing defense as the Flames have surrendered just 67.33 rushing yards per game.
• Liberty finished the Towson game with three sacks, marking the third-straight game that Liberty has recorded three sacks in a game. The Flames currently rank 13th in the nation as they are averaging 3.00 sacks per contest, while Jason Horn ranks ninth in the country as he is averaging 1.33 sacks per game.
• Ben Bealsey connected on his fourth-straight field goal on the year as the senior connected on a 27 yarder in the fourth quarter to account for Liberty's only score of the contest against the Tigers. Beasley currently ranks tied for 15th in the nation as he is averaging 1.33 field goals per game. Last year, the Flames finished the season 4-for-11 on field goal attempts.
• Rashad Jennings had his 100-yard rushing streak halted as the sophomore was held to just 27 yards on 18 carries against Towson. Jennings still ranks 19th in the nation as he is averaging 116.00 yards per game.
• Manny Rojas finished the Towson game with a season-best nine tackles, while recording a career-high two pass break ups. Rojas needs just 11 more tackles to move into fifth place on the Big South all-time career tackle list as the senior has 281 career tackles.
• E.L. Estes tied Rojas for team-high tackling honors with nine tackles, including a tackle for a loss and two pass break ups. The nine tackles falls one short of the junior's career high of 10 tackles recorded against Chattanooga last year, while the two pass break ups equals the defensive backs career total coming into the game.
• Patrick Calvary finished with a pass break up for the fifth-straight game as the sophomore saved a touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone at the end of the first half. Calvary has now recorded 13 pass break ups in 14 career games at Liberty.
• Jason Horn recorded one of the Flames' seven tackles for a loss on the evening against Towson, giving him 6.5 tackles for a loss on the year. Horn ranks fourth in the nation as he is averaging 2.67 tackles for a loss per game.
The Flames will continue a three-game road swing this weekend when they travel to Savannah, Ga., to face Savannah State. The Tigers enter the contest riding a 16-game losing streak, which is the second longest active I-AA losing streak in the nation (Indiana State holds the currently longest losing streak at 20 games).
The Flames will be looking to snap a streak of their own against Savannah State as Liberty has lost to 11-straight I-AA opponents. The Flames last I-AA victory came in a 27-17 victory over Elon on November 20, 2004.