Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Listen To Danny Rocco's Post Game Press Conference
A new feature this season on LibertyFlames.com is audio of head coach Danny Rocco's post game press conference on its website. The day following all Flames football games coach Rocco's comments to the media will be made available.
To listen to coach Rocco's post game comments following the Flames 31-7 victory over Glenville State please click here. (To download right click "save target as")
Fanning the Flames
- The Flames improved to 2-0 on the season with a 31-7 victory over Glenville State on Saturday. This marks the first time that Liberty has started a season 2-0 since 1997.
- Prior to this year, the Flames have started a season with a 2-0 record six times in the 34-year history of the program and Liberty has finished five of those six seasons with a winning record.
- Liberty nearly posted back-to-back shutouts for the first time in the history of the program as the Flames held Glenville State scoreless until 12:18 in the fourth quarter as the Pioneers got on the scoreboard with a touchdown to mark the first and only points that Liberty has allowed this season. The Flames currently rank seventh in the nation, having allowed just seven total points on the year.
- The Flames are one of 13 teams in the country to not allow their quarterback to be sacked this year.
- Rashad Jennings became the 11th player in school history to rush for 100 yards in back-to-back games as the redshirt sophomore rushed for 161 yards on 15 carries.
- Rashad Jennings recorded three rushing touchdowns in the Flames victory over Glenville State and currently ranks fourth in the nation as he is averaging 15 points per contest.
- Rashad Jennings currently ranks second in the nation in rushing as the running back is averaging 160.5 yards per game over the first two contests of the season.
- Jason Horn has finished with 2.0 sacks in the Flames first two games of the year and the senior currently ranks third in the nation in sacks per game.
- Jason Horn also has recorded 5.5 tackles for a loss (35 yards) on the year and currently ranks second in the nation in tackles for a loss per game.
- The Flames take to the road for the fist time this year next week when they travel to Towson next Saturday in a game that will pit a pair of 2-0 teams against each other. The Towson game will mark the beginning of a season-long three-game road swing.