Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Edged by Spartans
Liberty broke out on top in the match, winning both contested doubles contests. Lady Flames Jordan Jenkins and Carol Lobel defeated Valerie Behr and Stephanie Macfarlane, 8-6, in the No. 1 spot. Nadia Solomon-Burgess and Hannah Fick took the No. 2 contest for the Lady Flames with an 8-6 win over Jessica Eblen and Annette Rios.
UNC Greensboro turned the match in singles, winning three matches and picking up a default at the No. 6 spot, for the 4-3 victory. Liberty's Jenkins won for the 14th time in singles this spring. The junior dispatched of Alex Whitehead, 6-4, 7-6 (7-3) in the No. 1 spot. Lady Flame Nadia Solomon-Burgess also picked up a win for Liberty, with a straight-set, 6-3, 6-1 win.
Liberty will return to Greensboro, N.C., tomorrow. The Lady Flames will visit North Carolina A& T. Match time is 2 p.m.
UNCG 4, LIBERTY 3
1. JENKINS, Jordan (LIBERTY) def. Alex Whitehead (UNCG) 6-4, 7-6 (7-3)
2. SOLOMON-BURGESS, N. (LIBERTY) def. Stephanie Macfarlane (UNCG) 6-3, 6-1
3. Valerie Behr (UNCG) def. LOBEL, Carol (LIBERTY) 6-2, 6-0
4. Mikayla Rogers (UNCG) def. GOUVEIA, Fabiana (LIBERTY) 6-2, 6-1
5. Annette Rios (UNCG) def. FICK, Hannah (LIBERTY) 6-0, 6-3
6. Sasha Skripkina (UNCG) def. No player (LIBERTY), by forfeit
1. JENKINS, Jordan/LOBEL, Carol (LIBERTY) def. Valerie Behr/Stephanie Macfarlane (UNCG) 8-6
2. SOLOMON-BURGESS, N./FICK, Hannah (LIBERTY) def. Jessica Eblen/Annette Rios (UNCG) 8-6
3. Mikayla Rogers/Alex Whitehead (UNCG) def. No player/No player (LIBERTY), by forfeit :