Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Radford Drops Liberty, 6-1
The visiting Radford Highlanders defeated the Liberty Lady Flames, 6-1, Wednesday in a Big South women's team match at the LU Tennis Courts.
Liberty, still hampered by injuries to its line-up, won the No. 1 doubles contest at the opening of the match. Jordan Jenkins and Carol Lobel collected an 8-4 victory for the Lady Flames against Mima Matic and Nana Tomonic. The victory was the pair's third in four contests this season. However, Radford won in the No. 2 match and picked up a default in the No. 3 match to take the doubles point.
In singles, the Highlanders won four of the five contests in singles to record the win. Liberty's Jordan Jenkins did continue her individual winning streak, downing Mia Drobnjak in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2, to record her eighth consecutive win without a loss at No. 1.
The Lady Flames travel to Greensboro, N.C., Tuesday, for a match at UNC Greensboro. Match time is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Radford 6, Liberty 1
1, Jordan Jenkins (LU) def Mia Drobnjak (RU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Nana Tomonic (RU) def. Nadia Solomon-Burgess (LU) 6-3, 1-6, 10-6
3. Petra Bajervic (LU) def. Carol Lobel (LU) 6-2, 0-6, 10-7
4. Mima Matic (RU) def. Brittany Thomas (LU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Sara Tegner (RU) def. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Default to Radford
1. Jenkins/Lobel (LU) def. Matic/Tiomonic (RU) 8-4
2. Tegner/Drobnjak (RU) def. Solomon-Burgess /Gouveia (LU) 8-4
3. Default to Radford