Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Fall to Lancers, 5-2
Despite a win by Lady Flames Jordan Jenkins and Carol Lobel in the No. 1 doubles contest, the Lancers claimed the doubles point, with a win in the No. 2 match-up and a default at the No.3 spot.
In singles action, Liberty was able to pick up wins at No. 1 and No. 2. However, Longwood won contests No. 3-6 to take the match, 5-2.
Jenkins, who has now won 12 out of 14 matches this spring in No. 1 singles, captured a 6-4, 6-0 victory over Zsofia Jakab. Teammate Nadia Solomon-Burgess, who has posted a double-digit win total at the No. 2 spot, won for the 11th time this spring, dropping only one game, 6-0, 6-1, during her triumph over Laura Simon.
The Lady Flames are back in action on Thursday, when they host the Radford Highlanders at the LU Tennis Courts. Match time is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Longwood 5, Liberty 2
1. JENKINS, Jordan (LIBERTY) def. Zsofia Jakab (LONGWOOD) 6-4, 6-0
2. SOLOMON-BURGESS, N. (LIBERTY) def. Laura Simon (LONGWOOD) 6-0, 6-1
3. Marta Pinyol (LONGWOOD) def. LOBEL, Carol (LIBERTY) 6-2, 4-6, 10-8
4. Mason Davis (LONGWOOD) def. THOMAS, Brittany (LIBERTY) 6-1, 6-0
5. Allie Shulman (LONGWOOD) def. GOUVEIA, Fabiana (LIBERTY) 6-3, 6-1
6. Hannah Hill (LONGWOOD) def. No player (LIBERTY), by default
1. JENKINS, Jordan/LOBEL, Carol (LIBERTY) def. Zsofia Jakab/Marta Pinyol (LONGWOOD) 8-3
2. Mason Davis/Laura Simon (LONGWOOD) def. SOLOMON-BURGESS, N./GOUVEIA, Fabiana (LIBERTY) 8-5
3. Hannah Hill/Allie Shulman (LONGWOOD) def. No player/No player (LIBERTY), by default