Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Flames Edged Blue Hose
The Blue Hose captured the doubles point to open the match. Jordan Jenkins and Nadia Solomon-Burgess won at No. 1 for the Lady Flames, 8-2, over Heather Heusel and Paige Oellre. The Liberty pair is unbeaten in doubles at 5-0. However, host Presbyterian picked up a win at No. 2 doubles and a default at No. 3 to take the doubles point.
In singles, the top three Lady Flames in the line-up were winners, but Presbyterian was able to win two contests and get default in the No. 6 contest to record the 4-3 win. Jenkins won for the ninth time this season, downing Heusel, 6-0, 6-1, in the No. 1 match-up. Teammate Solomon-Burgess also won for the ninth time this spring, taking her No. 2 contest, 6-1, 6-4 over Olivia McMillian. Carol Lobel was the third Lady Flame to win her match-up, with a 6-4, 3-6, 10-4 win over Megan Davis.
Liberty returns to the courts on Tuesday, traveling to Norfolk, Va., to meet Norfolk State. Match time is scheduled for 1 p.m.
PC 4 LU 3
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) def. Heather Heusel (PC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Nadia Solomon-Burgess (LU) def. Olivia McMillian (PC) 6-1, 6-4
3. Carol Lobel (LU) def. Megan Davis (PC) 6-4, 3-6, 10-4
4. Paige Oellre (PC) def. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Cara Caruso (PC) def. Brittany Thomas (LU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Default to PC
1. Jenkins/Solomon-Burgess (LU) def. Heusel/Oelke (PC) 8-2
2. McMillan/Waldron, Virginia (PC) def. Lobel/Thomas (LU) 9-7
3. Default to PC