Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Fall to Lady Stags in Florida
In doubles, the Lady Flames, 1-8, won in the No. 1 contest. Jordan Jenkins and Nadia Solomon-Burgess remained unbeaten since being paired at No. 1, defeating Paulina Rys and Kristen Liu, 8-0. However, Fairfield, 4-2, won the No.2 match-up and picked up a default in the No. 3 spot to capture the pairs point.
Liberty won three singles contests, but could not win a fourth, as Fairfield took the overall contest. Jenkins picked up her seventh singles win of the spring. The junior won 6-0, 6-1 at No. 1 over Dana Postpack. Solomon-Burgess also picked up a victory, downing Rys, 6-2, 6-0. Carol Loebel claimed the final Liberty singles triumph, with a 6-2, 7-5 win over Meghan Sullivan at No. 4.
The Lady Flames will meet the Connecticut Huskies, Wednesday in Orlando. Match time is slated for 9 a.m.
FFU 4 LU 3
1. Jenkins/Burgess (LU) def. Rys/Liu (FFU) 8-0
2. Postupack/Jackson (FFU) def. Thomas/Gouveia 8-3
3. FFU by Default
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) def. Dana Postpack 6-0 6-1
2. Nadia Solomon Burgess (LU) def. Paulina Rys 6-2 6-0
3. Nikki Jackson (FFU) def. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 6-2 5-7 10-7
4. Carol Lobel (LU) def. Meghan Sullivan (FFU) 6-2 7-5
5. Alyssa Ruiz (FFU) def. Brittany Thomas (LU) 6-2 6-1
6. FFU by Deafult