Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Drops Match at Coastal Carolina
The host Chanticleers opened the match, by taking the doubles point. Liberty's Jordan Jenkins and Nadia Solomon-Burgess defeated Coastal Carolina's Lexi Bolesky and Miki Bunea, 8-5, in the No. 1 contest. However, the Chanticleers won the No. 2 doubles match and picked up a default in the No. 3 contest to put the point on its side of the scoreboard.
In singles, Coastal Carolina took four of the five matches contested and picked up a default at No. 6 for the final margin of victory. Jordan Jenkins, ranked No. 99 by the ITA, ran her season record to 6-2 in the spring, with a 6-4, 7-5, straight-set victory in No. 1 singles over Bolesky.
Liberty falls to 1-7 overall and 0-2 in Big South Conference play. Coastal Carolina moves to 8-1 overall and 2-0 in conference action.
The Lady Flames travel to Florida for their Spring Break Tournament. Liberty meets Fairfield, Tuesday.
CCU 6 LU 1
1. JENKINS, Jordan (LIBERTY) def. BOLESKY, Lexi (COASTAL) 6-4, 7-5
2. BUNEA, Miki (COASTAL) def. SOLOMON-BURGESS, N. (LIBERTY) 6-2, 6-0
3. WEBB, Kim (COASTAL) def. GOUVEIA, Fabiana (LIBERTY) 6-1, 6-1
4. CORTES, Paty (COASTAL) def. LOBEL, Carol (LIBERTY) 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 10-7
5. CAMBEROS, Maria (COASTAL) def. THOMAS, Brittany (LIBERTY) 6-2, 6-1
6. HILL, Mary (COASTAL) by default
1. JENKINS, Jordan/SOLOMON-BURGESS, N. (LIBERTY) def. BOLESKY, Lexi/BUNEA, Miki (COASTAL) 8-5
2. CORTES, Paty/HILL, Mary (COASTAL) def. LOBEL, Carol/GOUVEIA, Fabiana (LIBERTY) 8-1
3. WEBB, Kim/CAMBEROS, Maria by default