Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Sweeps Bluefield, 7-0
With the victory, Liberty moves to 2-5 on the year.
The Flames opened the match by sweeping all three doubles matches. Siim Tuus and Tristan Stayt in the No. 1 spot and Ben Wirth and Louis Steyn in the No. 2 spot won each of their contests, 8-3. Teammates Juan Reyes and Montre Tiller took their No. 3 contest, 8-1.
Liberty continued its success in single, as all six Flames won in straight sets. Three Liberty players did not drop a game in their match-ups. Giancarlo Lemmi in the No. 2 spot, Steyn in the No. 4 spot and Tiller in the No. 6 spot, each took his contest, 6-0, 6-0. Stayt won his No. 1 singles match with Shikhar Kapur, 6-0, 6-1. Reyes defeated Justin House, 6-1, 6-1, at the No. 5 spot in the singles line-up, while Wirth completed the sweep with a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Sreeram Gautam at No. 3 singles.
Liberty hosts Averett tomorrow afternoon. Match time is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Liberty Tennis Courts on North Campus. It will be the first time the Flames have hosted an opponent's at the courts.
LU 7 BSC 0
1. Tuus/Stayt (LU) def. Kapur/Zivkovic (BSC) 8-3
2. Wirth/ Steyn (LU) def. Gautam/ House (BSC) 8-3
3. Reyes/Tiller (LU) def. Oyer/Sizermore (BSC) 8-1
1. Tristan Stayt (LU) def. Shikhar Kapur (BSC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Giancarlo Lemmi (LU) def. Dusan Zivkovic (BSC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ben Wirth (LU) def. Sreeram Gautam (BSC) 7-5, 6-2
4. Louis Steyn (LU) def. David Dyer (BSC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Juan Reyes (LU) def. Justin House (BSC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Monte Tiller (LU) def. Derick Sizemore (BSC) 6-0, 6-0