Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
East Carolina Drops Liberty, 4-3
Host East Carolina (3-2) began the match by capturing the doubles point, taking two out of the three doubles contests. Liberty won the No. 1 contest, when the pairing of juniors Jordan Jenkins and Hannah Fick ran their mark to 3-1 on the season, with an 8-4 victory over Audrey LePottier and Jessica Cook. However, the Lady Pirates recorded wins at both the No. 2 and No. 3 matchups to claim the point.
In singles, each side took three contests, allowing the Lady Pirates to seal the overall match win. Liberty (1-4) won at No. 1, 2 and 3 in singles. Jenkins opened with a straight set 6-1, 6-1 victory in the No. 1 contest over LePottier. Lady Flame Nadia Solomon-Burgess followed with a 6-0, 6-3 triumph over Cook at No. 2. Fick recorded the final Liberty singles win at the No.3 spot in the lineup, downing Natalie Collins, 6-2, 6-2.
The Lady Flames return home Saturday for the first-ever match at the Liberty Tennis Courts, weather permitting, on North Campus. Match time against Campbell is scheduled for 1 p.m.
ECU 4 LU 3
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) def. Audrey LePottier (ECU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Nadia Solomon-Burgess (LU) def. Jessica Cook (ECU) 6-0, 6-3
3. Hannah Fick (LU) def. Natalie Collins (ECU) 6-2, 6-2
4. Petra Vogel (ECU) def. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 6-1, 6-4
5. Brooke Walter (ECU) def. Carol Lobel (LU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Yilian Zhang (ECU) def. Brittany Thomas (LU) 6-3, 6-1
1. Jenkins/Fick (LU) def. LePottier/Cook (ECU) 8-4
2. Vogel/Zhang (ECU) def. Lobel/Gouveia (LU) 8-3
3. Collins/Walter (ECU) def. Solomon-Burgess/Thomas (LU) 8-4