Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Women Begin Year with 6-1 Win
The Liberty duo of Jordan Jenkins and Hannah Fick defeated the pair of Alexis McCoy and Nekesa Thomas, 8-1, in No. 1 doubles, while Nadia Solomon-Burgess and Fabiana Gouveia took the No. 2 doubles match, 8-4, over Viktiviya Lukyanenko and Syndee Collins. The two victories gave the Lady Flames the doubles point.
The Lady Flames continued their success in singles, taking every match contested. Jenkins at No. 1 and Solomon-Burgess at No. 2 did not drop a game in winning each of their match-ups in straight sets. Fick picked up her first victory of the spring with a 6-4, 2-6, 10-7 win over Lukyanenko at No.3. Gouveia and Brittany Thomas also notched straight-set triumphs in the No. 4 and No. 5 spots in Coach Chris Johnson's line-up.
Liberty (1-0) will meet Old Dominion tomorrow at the Folkes-Steven Tennis Center, Sunday. Match time is scheduled for 9 a.m.
Liberty 6 Morgan State 1
1. (#124) Jordan Jenkins (LIBERTY) def. Alexis McCoy (MST) 6-0 6-0
2. Nadia Solomon (LIBERTY) def. Nekesa Thomas (MST) 6-0 6-0
3. Hannah Fick (LIBERTY) def Viktiviya Lukyanenko (MST) 6-4 2-6 10-7
4. Fabianna Gouveia (LIBERTY) def. Pola Olczak (MST) 6-0 6-1
5. Brittany Thomas (LIBERTY) def Frances Ferdinand (MST) 6-1 6-2
6. default win to Morgan State
1. Jenkins/Fick (LIBERTY) def. McCoy/Thomas (MST) 8-1
2. Solomon/Gouveia (LIBERTY) def. Lukyanenko/Collins (MST) 8-4
3. Default win to Morgan State