Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Fall to High Point
High Point defeated Big South opponent Liberty, 6-1, Wednesday in men's tennis action at the High Point Tennis Complex.
The Panthers improve to 9-9 overall and 3-4 in the Big South, while the Flames drop to 1-11 and 0-6 in the Big South.
High Point started the afternoon strong by picking up the doubles point by taking two of the three matches. The Flames' pairing of seniors Braen Aneiros (Panama City, Panama) and Carlos Cardona (Bogota, Columbia) won the No. 2 doubles, 8-1.
In singles play the Panthers won five matches to take the team victory. Sebastian Pena (Santiago, Chile) was the lone winner for the Flames, taking the #4 singles contest in straight sets, 6-4,6-3.
Liberty takes the weekend off, before traveling up Route 460 to square off with Longwood on Monday afternoon. Match time is set for 2:30 p.m.
1. Mike Tolman (HPU) def. Priit Pihl (LU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Chris Archer (HPU) def. Jarda Trojan (LU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Jack Notton (HPU) def. Carlos Cardona (LU) 6-4, 6-0
4. Sebastian Pena (LU) def. Bobby Brooke (HPU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Ben Deloume (HPU) def. Braen Aneiros (LU) 6-3, 7-6
6. Jim Trussler (HPU) def. Joseph Withers (LU) 6-2, 6-3
1. Tolman/Archer (HPU) def. Trojan/Withers (LU) 8-0
2. Aneiros/Cardona (LU) def. Notton/Deloume (HPU) 8-1
3. Trussler/Dave Perren (HPU) def. Pihl/Pena (LU) 8-5