Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Katelyn Jacobs
Jacobs just finished her first season in a Lady Flames uniform. She added depth to the Liberty defensive unit this year.
She is a native of Liverpool, N.Y., where she graduated from Faith Heritage High School. A four-year letterwinner, Jacobs played defender, midfielder and goalkeeper while in high school. As a sophomore and senior, she earned OHSL All-League first-team honors and was named to the all-league second team in her freshman and junior years. She also played club soccer for the Syracuse Blitz.
Off the field, she was a National Honor Society member and earned Headmaster's List honors (90% or better). She served as her class treasurer.
For a more personal introduction to Katelyn Jacobs, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
Getting the opportunity to glorify God and share His love with those who don't know Him, all by doing something what I absolutely love.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Abby Wambach in soccer, because she's a fellow New Yorker and I love the way she plays.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
My favorite Bible character is King David, because no matter how badly he messed up, he still turned back to God and sought a better relationship with Him.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
I would eat dinner with my Dad, my Mom and my best friend, Jessica Job.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Either sleep or watch a movie.
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
"Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Massive quantities of chocolate.
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
My Bible, chocolate, my iPod, my computer, and a cute pair of heels.
11. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
Dark Knight (Batman) and Iron Man.
12. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
The most famous person I have ever met is Jerry Falwell, Jr., when the soccer team got invited over to his house for a day at the lake.
13 Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
My favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete is my teammate Emily House.
14. My dream job would be …
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody
Oct. 15 - Kristi McBrien
Oct. 17 - Bekah Moye
Oct. 20 - Caitlyn Riley
Oct. 22 - Abigail Austin
Oct. 27 - Lauren Kamphuis
Oct. 30 - Laura Nyholt
Nov. 2 - Brittney Johnson