Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Brittney Johnson
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" The tri-weekly feature hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with newcomer Brittney Johnson.
Johnson, a redshirt freshman, is in her first season on the Liberty roster, after participating in spring drills in 2008. Last year, she earned Big South Presidential Honor Roll mention.
This season, she adds depth to the Lady Flames' defensive corps. Her older sister, Courtney Johnson, graduated from Liberty this past May and played softball for the Lady Flames.
A native of Concord, Calif., Johnson graduated from Berean Christian High School, where she was a four-year letterwinner, playing defender and midfielder. She was team captain and was named team MVP her senior season. Each of her four years, her team won the North Coast section championship. She was her high school's salutatorian. On the club level, she was a member of the Los Angeles Seashorse Soccer Club Japan team during the summer of 2006.
For a more personal introduction to Brittney Johnson, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is…
The camaraderie not only within the team, but also amongst all the teams at Liberty.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
[Soccer player] Ronaldinho, because he has an amazing perception of the game, and I wouldn't mind learning a couple of his tricks.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Esther, because she fully relied on God and His will for her life, even if it meant putting her life and faith in a risky place
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
Chad Michael Murray because let's face it, he's pretty good-looking and seems to make a pretty good date; Carrie Underwood because she seems like an amazing person inside and out, and she's my favorite country singer; and my grandpa on my dad's side because I never did get the chance.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Hang with friends, play the piano, listen to music or watch TV.
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
Fox Family or the CW.
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Cell phone, soccer ball, my Bible, sunglasses and a hair brush.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I've been playing the piano, off and on, since I was four years old.
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
The Dark Knight.
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
Natalie Coughlin, her family lives in my neighborhood.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
Courtney Johnson, my loving sister.
15. My dream job would be …
A traveling pianist for huge music artists.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody
Oct. 15 - Kristi McBrien
Oct. 17 - Bekah Moye
Oct. 20 - Caitlyn Riley
Oct. 22 - Abigail Austin
Oct. 27 - Lauren Kamphuis
Oct. 30 - Laura Nyholt