Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Lauren Kamphuis
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with junior Lauren Kamphuis.
A native of Bloomington, Ill., Kamphuis adds depth to the Liberty goalkeeping corps. The junior played in 11 matches in 2007, and starting seven times. She had a 1.29 GAA and a .654 save percentage in 626:44. Kamphuis posted a 3-2 mark with one shutout.
Kamphuis made a career-high five saves in a 4-1 win over Radford on Oct. 23, 2007 and had four saves in a 2-1 victory at UNC Asheville eight days later. She is also a two-time member of the Big South Presidential Honor Roll.
A graduate of Calvary Baptist Academy, she was a two-time high school letterwinner in soccer and a four-time letterwinner in basketball. As a senior, she was named academic all-conference in both sports. A four-time member of Calvary's honor roll, Kamphuis was selected to the National Honor Society.
For a more personal introduction to Lauren Kamphuis, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
Representing a school that I love, having teammates who are my best friends and playing a game that constantly challenges me.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
I would like to play Michael Jordan in ping pong because I feel like I could beat him, and then I could say I played against Michael Jordan and won!!
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
I would say Paul or Jonah, but my favorite is Eutychus (Acts 20:7-11). He was the first person recorded to fall asleep during a sermon, falls out of a window, dead, and the man preaching (Paul) brings him back to life. Definitely, one of his most embarrassing moments. But, that's life for you.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
Jonah, he was in a big fish. Oprah, I would not know what to say and would probably start crying. Britney Spears, she needs a good friend.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Watch Reba or play Wii with the most amazing roommates in the world- Ashley Braam, Hope West and Heather Bowling.
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
Singing in the Rain by Gene Kelly.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
Country Music Television or Reba!!!
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Bible, cell phone, my Jeep, mp3 player and a body pillow.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I am afraid of "little people".
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
Just Friends, gets me every time!
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
Madonna. We had worship services (different services) at the same time in a hotel in New York City. She ran into me, while I was talking to someone ... and the rest is history.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
15. My dream job would be …
Working for the Chicago Cubs!
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody
Oct. 15 - Kristi McBrien
Oct. 17 - Bekah Moye
Oct. 20 - Caitlyn Riley
Oct. 22 - Abigail Austin