Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Caitlyn Riley
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with Caitlyn Riley
Riley, a sophomore, adds depth to the Liberty roster at forward and midfielder. Last season, the Alexandria, Va., native appeared in 13 matches with two starts. She assisted on one goal and took nine shots during the 2007 season. Riley also earned Big South Presidential Honor Roll mention last year.
A graduate of Mount Vernon High School, she was named 2007 Washington Post All-Met honorable mention and garnered all-region team honors as a senior. Riley also was a three-time all-district team member and earned all-region academic honor roll distinction her last three years of high school. In addition, she played club soccer for the Lee Mountain Vernon Patriots 88 team in the Washington Area Girls Soccer League, which won the U-19 championship.
For a more personal introduction to Caitlyn Riley, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
The support system that comes with it, from teammates to trainers to tutors.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Usain Bolt, so I could say I ran against the fastest man in the world!
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
David, because he was doubted by so many people because of his size but he kept his faith and trusted in God to get him through battle.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
1) Any man or woman serving our country in the Armed Forces.
2) My grandpa- I wish I could have learned about him a little more.
3) Michael Phelps- because his dedication to his sport is inspiring, and because he makes an impossible task look so easy!
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Relax by watching TV or doing a craft.
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
Bertha Butt Boogie by Jimmie Castor Bunch.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
It's a tie between ABC Family and FOX.
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Sour Patch Kids and lots of chocolate with caramel in the middle!
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
1) My Chihuahua- Rascal, 2) My mountain bike, 3) A soccer ball, 4) Television and 5) America.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I have a huge heart for those in the military!
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
The Dark Knight.
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
[U.S. National Women's Soccer team player] Abby Wambach. I flew on the same plane as she did from California to Virginia.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
Everyone on the men's soccer team, because they are so fast!
15. My dream job would be …
Somewhere in Colorado as a P.E. teacher to elementary aged kids.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody
Oct. 15 - Kristi McBrien
Oct. 17 - Bekah Moye