Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Bekah Moye
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with Bekah Moye, one of several first-year members on the Liberty Lady Flames' roster this fall.
Bekah Moye, a freshman midfielder/forward, has played in nine games for Liberty, with two starts. She has taken five shot attempts during her appearances.
A graduate of Providence Christian Academy, the Suwanee, Ga., native helped her school win the Georgia State title in 2007. She was a starter and captain for her club team, Atlanta Fire United, since 2002. Moye was part of the club's region and Super-Y teams since 2005. In addition, she consistently made the final 24 cutdown of the state Olympic Development program.
For a more personal introduction to Bekah Moye, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
The fellowship with the other athletes on campus.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
It would definitely be Josh Hamilton in a home run derby! He is the best role model and he is such a great witness for Christ.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Ruth, because she was so humble and obedient to God.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
[Singer] Chris Brown, [actor] Adam Brody and Joe Jonas.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Watch the O.C. fo' sho!!
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
Little Women the Musical.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Sour Patch Kids.
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
My friends and family, my cell phone, my computer, my blankie and my kitty named Boots.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I have an adopted otter named Summer.
12. What was the best movie you saw this summer?
Batman: The Dark Knight
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
[Rapper and actor] T.I. I let him cut me in line at the airport and we talked for a couple minutes!
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
[Liberty defender] Rachel Wisehart.
15. My dream job would be …
Either teaching and coaching soccer or doing something with soccer missions alongside side my sister.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody
Oct. 15 - Kristi McBrien