Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Kristi McBrien
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with Kristi McBrien, one of several newcomers to the Liberty Lady Flames' roster this fall.
Kristi McBrien, a midfielder, joined the Liberty Lady Flames last spring, after transferring from Bluefield College. The sophomore has played in six games this year for Liberty.
The Richmond, Va., native appeared in 14 games in 2007 for Bluefield, earning third-team All-Appalachian Athletic Conference honors. She netted a goal on six shots.
A graduate of James River High School, McBrien was a four-year letterwinner in soccer and was named Athlete of the Week during her senior year. She played club soccer for the FC Richmond Mystx and the Richmond Kickers.
For a more personal introduction to Kristi McBrien, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
All the awesome gear and playing soccer with a great group of girls.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Any professional athlete would do.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Well, I don't really have a favorite Bible character at the moment, but I absolutely love Ephesians 3:16-19. It has led me to places, I never thought I would be.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
David Beckham, [Saturday Night Live's] Amy Poehler and my brother.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
Um, I have a Miley Cyrus song. Sorry, Heather.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
Well, I love to watch soccer, tennis and the New York Yankees, so whatever channel they come on, I will watch.
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Dessert/ Italian pastries.
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Hot tea, music, gum, my family and cherries.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I may have a slight case of road rage.
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
A toss up between The Dark Knight and Baby Mama.
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
Well, I didn't actually meet this person, but one time I was in New York City and I saw Mike Myers. I waved to him and he smiled.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
Besides soccer of course, I love to watch the LU tennis team.
15. My dream job would be …
To play professional soccer.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema
Oct. 13 - Jordan Woody