Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Jordan Woody
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with forward Jordan Woody, one of several newcomers to the Liberty Lady Flames' roster this season.
This year, freshman Jordan Woody joined her older sister Maggie on the Lady Flame roster. Jordan has played in 10 games this season, all in a reserve role.
The Asheville, N.C., native was a two-time South Carolina State Champion at the club level with the Carolina Elite Soccer Academy. She made the roster of the North Carolina Olympic Development Program in 2006 and 2007.
Homeschooled, Woody comes from an athletic-oriented family. Not only does her sister play for the Lady Flames, but her father played soccer for UNC Asheville and her mother played basketball at Montreat- Anderson.
For a more personal introduction to Jordan Woody, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
Having 30-plus sisters in Christ.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Michelle Akers, because just by playing against her, I could learn so much.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Esther, because she was so bold for Jews. I need to be bold for Christ.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
Michelle Akers, What female athlete wouldn't want to meet a warrior like her? Paul, he could teach me how to make my walk with the Lord stronger. Joshua, to let him know I'm available.
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Have nap time!!
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Christ, family, chocolate, puppies and snow.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I want to be a pro skier.
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
13. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
[Men's soccer midfielder ] Juan Guzman.
14. My dream job would be …
That's what I keep asking the big guy on the throne up there.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt
Oct. 10 - Aimee Luurtsema