Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Aimee Luurtsema
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The feature continues today with defender Aimee Luurtsema, one of several newcomers to the Liberty Lady Flames' roster this season.
Luurtsema is in her maiden year with the Liberty Lady Flames. The Grandville, Mich., native has played in all 11 Liberty games this season, and has started six contests.
A graduate of Unity Christian High School, she helped her school to four state championships and a 107-1-1 record during her four years. Luurtsema was a four-time all-region selection and was named to all-state teams as a sophomore and a junior. Off the field, she was a four-year honor roll member.
On the club level, Luurtsema played ahead a level throughout her career. She was part of a Bloomfield Force U18 team, which won the 2006 Surf Cup, 2006 Michigan State Cup and 2007 USYS National Championship. In addition, she helped the West Michigan Fire to the 2007 State Cup Finals.
For a more personal introduction to Aimee Luurtsema, please read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
We are constantly getting help from our coaches, teachers and other students!
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
[Detroit Piston] Richard Hamilton, because my next favorite sport is basketball, and he is in such incredible shape (I wish I was like that). He works so hard!
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Noah, because he had so much faith in listening to God and building the ark, while everyone around him was telling him it was a waste of his time.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or dead), who would they be and why?
Chris Brown, my niece or nephew (my sister had a miscarriage) and my grandpas (both died before I was born).
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
High School Musical.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Chocolate ice cream.
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Cell phone, blanket, computer, my family and food.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I have five nieces and one nephew.
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
The Dark Knight.
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
Mia Hamm. She put on a soccer clinic for all the local soccer teams in my area.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
The Frazee triplets.
15. My dream job would be …
Work with little kids and teach them how to play soccer.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller
Oct. 1 - Brittany Tyson
Oct. 3 - Amy Oberlin
Oct. 8 - Ashley Nyholt