Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Brittany Tyson
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The series continues today with senior Brittany Tyson.
Tyson, a defender, is one of seven seniors on the Liberty women's soccer roster this season. She is one of two Lady Flames to start all eight Liberty games this season. Entering Friday night's match at Coastal Carolina, Tyson has started 29 straight contests for the Lady Flames.
Last season, the Souderton, Pa., native was named first team All-Big South and was selected VaSID all-state second team. In 18 starts, Tyson tallied four points, all coming on a goal and two assists in a 4-1 victory over Radford on Oct. 23.
In 2006, she appeared in 17 games, with 12 starts, helping the Lady Flames to an appearance in the Big South Championship game against UNC Asheville. Tyson was a key member of a defensive unit which posted a 1.07 goals-against-average, the second lowest in program history. Liberty shut out eight opponents during the season.
A graduate of Souderton Area High School, Tyson was a three-year letterwinner in soccer and was a member of two conference-winning teams. She played for the elite club team, the Bucksmont United Preimier Club, and also was a member of the Souderton Gems club team.
For a more personal introduction to Brittany Tyson, read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
I represent Liberty in a way that only 30 other girls do in the entire LU population, and that's pretty cool.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
I have no clue. I'm not really good at any other sports, so it would be embarrassing, and I really don't like to lose. (haha)
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
I really admire Ruth. She was so loyal to her mother-in-law and showed great character.
4. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
I'd have to say SLEEP!
5. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
My iPod has a virus, and all my songs disappeared. If you know how to fix it, please help!!
6. What TV station do you watch most often?
E!, HGTV or TLC
7. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
I think the question should be, do I eat anything that's healthy?
8. A place I would like to visit one day is …
Australia. I hear the beaches are fantastic!
9. What are five things you could not live without?
Cherry Coke, Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, my Bible, cable TV and of course, [my fiance] Kyle !
10. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I love to clean.
11. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
Baby Mama! Really funny!
12. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
13. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
I love all LU athletes!
14. My dream job would be …
To not have to work. (haha)
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam
Sept. 29 - Carly Miller