Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Carly Miller
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. The series continues today with senior Carly Miller.
Miller, a midfielder, has played in five games this season for Liberty, with two starts. The senior started at Virginia and Stetson for the Lady Flames.
Last season, the Valley City, Ohio native appeared in two matches, scoring a goal in Liberty's win over Southern Virginia. In 2006, she also appeared in a match.
A graduate of Buckeye High School, Miller was named prep athlete of the week three times during her high school career. She was also a three-time letterwinner in cross country.
For a more personal introduction to Carly Miller, read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
I finally get special parking.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Champ Bailey, because he is a stud on the [Denver] Broncos.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Esther, because she stood up to the king and put her life on the line for her faith in the Lord.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or alive), who would they be and why?
Victoria Beckham – because she knows her fashion and is just amazing.
Rihanna - because she is Rihanna.
Coco Chanel- Who wouldn't want to eat with her? I mean, she is the mind behind the "little black dress."
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
Sleep or watch TV.
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
E! , ABC or CBS.
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Chocolate and drink Coca-Cola.
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
Bible, coffee, camera, iPod, family and friends.
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I hate the feeling of cotton balls and styrofoam. My whole body clinches up!
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
The Dark Knight.
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
3LW, who aren't a group anymore, but one of them is a Cheetah Girl! I met them at a ‘N Sync concert.
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
Number 31 on the baseball team! I think his name is Tyler Light.
15. My dream job would be …
To be a wedding planner and work at Roxy.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling
Sept. 8 - Rachel Michener
Sept. 10 - Elia Lake
Sept. 12 - Rachel Wisehart
Sept. 15 - Maria Owen
Sept. 17 - Maggie Woody
Sept. 19 - Karen Blocker
Sept. 22 - Emily House
Sept. 24 - Mallory Neff
Sept. 26 - Ashley Braam