Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Soccer Home > News
Free Kicks with Rachel Michener
Today, LibertyFlames.com continues its women's soccer feature, "Free Kicks with …" Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season, "Free Kicks with …" hopes to help you get to know the Lady Flames a bit better. Up next is midfielder Rachel Michener, one of several newcomers to the Liberty Lady Flames squad.
Michener, a midfielder, has played in each of the first three Liberty games this season, starting in her first game in a Liberty uniform at Longwood. The sophomore transferred to Liberty last spring and earned Big South Presidential Honor Roll mention for the 2007-08 school year.
The Pottstown, Pa., native started her collegiate career at Southern Methodist, where she played in 15 contests as a midfielder and defender in the fall of 2007.
The Owen J. Roberts High School graduate was named a National Scholar All-American and all-league during her senior season of her prep career. She helped lead Owen J. Roberts to two state title contests during her career, as the team captured the state championship during her freshman season and was runner-up in her junior year.
For a more personal introduction to Rachel Michener, read on …
1. The best part about being a Liberty student-athlete is …
growing in Christ with my teammates.
2. If you could compete against any athlete in any sport, who would it be and why?
Ronaldinho … I figure he could teach me a few things.
3. Who is your favorite Bible character and why?
Ruth. She was a loyal, selfless and compassionate woman who trusted the Lord through very tough times.
4. If you could eat dinner with three other people (living or alive), who would they be and why?
My suitemates. Nothing beats our monthly "family dinners."
5. When I have an hour of free time, I like to …
6. If someone would look at the songs on my iPod, I would be embarrassed for them to see I have this song or artist …
I've got some crazy techno music on there that people think is pretty weird, but I love it.
7. What TV station do you watch most often?
The only two shows I watch are "The Office" and "Gray's Anatomy".
8. It is not good for you, but I still eat …
Peanut butter, by itself!
9. A place I would like to visit one day is …
10. What are five things you could not live without?
1. My Bible
2. My parents
3. Peanut Butter
4. Running shoes
11. What is something about you that other people don't know?
I have a weird phobia of touching velour (the fabric).
12. What was the best movie you watched over the summer?
13. Who is the most famous person you have ever met and how did you met them?
I got baptized by Johnnie Moore…he seems to be famous around here!
14. Who is your favorite Liberty athlete to watch compete?
I enjoy watching the men's soccer team, but I don't have a favorite. They're all awesome!
15. My dream job would be …
A missionary nurse.
Previous Installments of Free Kicks with ...
Sept. 5 - Heather Bowling