Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Rocco Weekly Review: Glenville State
As the web site did last year, LibertyFlames.com met with head football coach Danny Rocco following Thursday's afternoon practice to get a final update on the team's preparation for its Saturday night match-up against Glenville State at Williams Stadium.
Below is a list of questions LibertyFlames.com asked Rocco, addressing both the team's performance in its season-opener against North Greenville and testing the coach's knowledge of Liberty's foe for this weekend:
1. Reflecting on last week, were you pleased with the overall performance of your team in its season-opener against North Greenville?
2. The atmosphere around the stadium was electrifying last Saturday. What was it like for your team to run out of that tunnel before a near-record setting crowd?
3. Players like Brock Smith, Rashad Jennings and Zach Terrell continued to shine for the offense. However, rising seniors Dominic Bolden and Jonathan Crawford seemed to step right into the limelight, as well. What can you say about the performance of these two players in their first games as true starters?
4. One of the areas you expressed concern over after the North Greenville game was your team's penalty total. What did you do this week to try and rectify that situation?
5. Defensively, your team held North Greenville in check most of the evening. What area of the defensive unit played the biggest role in holding the Crusaders to 10 points?
6. Your team extended its home winning streak to nine games with its victory over North Greenville last weekend. How have you installed the importance of winning at home in your program?
7. It is often said, the biggest improvement in a program takes place between Week 1 and Week 2 of the season. What area are you hoping to see the most marked difference in this week?
8. Your opponent this week, Glenville State, comes into the game off a strong 30-0 road victory. What are you expecting out of the Pioneers this weekend?
9. Your coaching staff faced Glenville State in its second game during the 2006 season. How has playing a familiar foe helped your preparation for this weekend's contest?
10. Saturday's game will be the last time Liberty plays at Williams Stadium for over a month. How important it is for your team to get another solid victory under its belt before hitting the road for a tough three-game stretch?
The Flames will be looking to make it four in a row against Glenville State on Saturday, as Liberty has defeated the Pioneers each of the last three meetings. Liberty will also be looking to extend the nation's longest home FCS winning streak, as the Flames come into the contest having won a program best, nine-straight home games.