Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Watch Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Danny Rocco's postgame press conference (Video file)
On Saturday, the Flames opened their 2008 season of "Unfinished Business" with a resounding 49-10 victory over visiting North Greenville.
For the second year in a row, LibertyFlames.com we be bringing audio and video footage from head coach Danny Rocco's postgame press conferences for each of Liberty's 12-regular season games. Video footage will be provided for all home games, while audio coverage will follow Liberty's five road contests.
Due to audio technical difficulties, the video footage from Saturday's postgame press conference will only be the final five minutes of the 10 minutes Rocco spent with the media.
News and Notes from the North Greenville game:
• 15,311 fans packed Williams Stadium on Saturday evening to see Liberty's season-opening victory over North Greenville, marking the second-largest crowd in the stadium's 20-year history (second only to the William & Mary game on Oct. 14, 2006 – 15,631)
• The crowd was the largest ever to see a Flames victory, edging out Liberty's 15,307 fans who saw the Flames defeat Presbyterian, 48-14, last year on Oct. 27.
• The contest was the fifth-highest attended FCS game of the week, while the mark has Liberty ranked No. 2 nationally in filling stadium capacity (127.59 percent).
• The victory extended Liberty's home winning streak to nine games, giving the Flames the momentary lead among all FCS program (Dayton, who currently holds an eight-game winning streak, hosts Central State on Sunday).
• Liberty currently has won six-straight games dating back to last year, which is tied for the third-best winning streak among FCS programs (Dayton and Harvard have both won seven-consecutive contests).
• The six-game winning streak for the Flames is tied for the third best in program history and the longest since Liberty reeled off six straight over the span of the 1992 and 1993 seasons.
• With the victory over North Greenville, Liberty moves to 20-2 in its last 22 home-opening contests, including an 18-2 mark at Williams Stadium.
• Liberty's 39-point victory over North Greenville on Saturday marks the third straight, and fourth time in the last five contests the Flames have posted 30-point victories.
• With the 49 points scored against North Greenville, the Flames currently rank No. 7 nationally in scoring offense.
• Rashad Jennings posted his 13th career 100-yard rushing game, hitting the number on the nose by rushing for 100 yards on 13 carries.
• Rashad Jennings now ranks third on both the program and the Big South's career listing with 13 100-yard rushing performances.
• Rashad Jennings posted the 10th multiple rushing touchdown game of his career, scoring two rushing touchdowns against North Greenville.
• Rashad Jennings has rushed for multiple touchdowns in six out of his last seven games.
• Rashad Jennings 100 rushing yards moved him into fifth place on the Big South all-time rushing list with 2,213 career rushing yards.
• Rashad Jennings averaged 7.7 rushing yards per attempt (13 carries for 100 yards), marking the fifth best single-game average of his career.
• Zach Terrell pushed his consecutive game rushing touchdown streak to 17-straight games, scoring Liberty's first touchdown on a 15-yard scamper in the first quarter.
• The contest marked the 12th time Rashad Jennings and Zach Terrell have rushed for a touchdown in the same game.
• Brock Smith completed a career best 82.4 percent of his pass attempts, as the senior was 14-of-17 passing for 171 yards and two touchdowns.
• Dating back to last season, Brock Smith has tossed multiple touchdowns in three-straight games and four out of his last five contests.
• Brock Smith finished the contest with the second best passing efficiency rating of any FCS quarterback in the nation this weekend, finishing the contest with a 205.67 mark (second only to North Dakota State's Nick Mertens).
• Dominic Bolden posted his second career 100-yard receiving game, hitting the figure exactly by catching five passes for 100 yards and a touchdown.
• Dominic Bolden is now one of 24 players in program history to have multiple career 100-receiving yard games.
• Jonathan Crawford returned a kickoff 76 yards for a touchdown midway through the third quarter, marking the senior's longest career kickoff return.
• Jonathan Crawford's 76-yard kickoff return for a touchdown was the second special teams return for a score of his career, as he also returned a punt 65 yards for a touchdown against VMI on Nov. 10, 2007.
• Jonathan Crawford's 76-yard kickoff return helped the Flames average 40.76 yards per kickoff return (three for 122 yards), which currently leads the nation in average kickoff return yards.
• Chad Brown led the Flames defensively against North Greenville, posting a career-high seven tackles during the contest.