Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Rocco Weekly Review: North Greenville
As the web site did last year, LibertyFlames.com met with head football coach Danny Rocco following Thursday's afternoon practice to get a final update on the team's preparation for its season opener against North Greenville on Saturday evening.
Below is a list of questions LibertyFlames.com asked Rocco, addressing both preseason training camp and the coach's knowledge of the Crusaders:
1. With all the hype and preseason recognition given during the month of August, how is your team handling the pressure as defending Big South Conference champions?
2. With training camp beginning a few days earlier this year, were you able to do more with the extra time during the past month?
3. Were you pleased with the overall performance of your team during training camp this August?
4. As a coaching staff, where there one or two players who really impressed you during training camp?
5. After a very dry month of August, you had to battle a few practices in inclement weather this week. How did the team handle the environmental challenges?
6. North Greenville averaged over 40 points per game last season. Is your defense ready to be challenged by a high-scoring offensive attack?
7. The Crusaders will have a new quarterback under center this year. How much do you know about Richard Harb and Greg Woerner and how did your team prepare for them this week?
8. Both teams on Saturday night boost stellar running backs named Rashad. How does North Greenville's Cummings differ from our own Jennings?
9. The Crusaders run a 4-3 defense, which differs from the 3-4 defense your offense practiced against during training camp. What did your team do this week to prepare for this different look?
10. There seems to be quite a bit of excitement surrounding this week's season opener. What is the team looking for this week in terms of crowd support and stadium atmosphere?
The Rocco Weekly Review brings to a close Liberty's 2008 Countdown to Kickoff series. The web site hopes that the stories posted over the last month have helped prepare you for the team's opener on Saturday evening, as well as the season of "Unfinished Business" awaiting the Flames when they take to the field at Williams Stadium in just over 24 hours.