Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Rocco Previews North Greenville with Media
Audio Link to Today's Press Conference
Liberty Head Coach Danny Rocco held his first weekly media press conference, Tuesday afternoon, where he talked with members of the local media about this week's upcoming season opener against North Greenville.
Rocco briefly reviewed the conclusion of training camp, followed by an opening statement regarding the team's preparation for Saturday's game against the Crusaders.
After his opening remarks, Rocco addressed the following questions posed by the media:
• Getting the team off to a quicker start this year
• How to approach the season following a championship year
• The team's theme of unfinished business
• An injury update
• Newcomers that might get a chance to play early in the season due to injuries to upperclassmen
• Players who made position changes during training camp
• Ryan Greiser's career at Liberty
• Development of the Flames' special teams units during training camp, especially in the kicking game area
• How the offensive line jelled during training camp, following the loss of three starters from last year's squad
• Rotation of the kickoff and punt return specialist position this year
• New packages installed into the game plan primarily to get certain players into the game
• Impact of newcomer Asa Chapman and his future with the program
• Preview of North Greenville
• The strength of Liberty's backfield with the experience of players like Brock Smith, Rashad Jennings, Zach Terrell and Dominic Bolden
You can access the audio link to today's press conference by clicking here or by clicking the link at the top of this page.
Rocco meets weekly with members of the local media each Tuesday throughout the season and LibertyFlames.com will bring you the audio file following the weekly event.