Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Drop Match to Panthers
Coming off a non-conference win against Averett, the Liberty men's tennis team traveled to High Point, N.C., Wednesday, squaring off against High Point. The Panthers downed the Flames, 7-0.
After dropping No. 1 doubles, 8-1, Liberty fought hard to capture the point. The Flames kept it close in No. 2 and No. 3, but were edged out 8-7 and 8-6 respectively.
In solo action, the Panthers took all six singles contests. After losing the first set in No. 5 singles, Rafael Riso won the second set, forcing the match into third tiebreak. Riso nearly took, the point for the Flames, but lost in the tiebreak, 10-7.
The Flames next host UNC Asheville. Match time at the Esbenshade-Hershey Tennis Center is slated for 1 p.m.
1. Charles Bottoni/ Maxime Dutois (HPU) def. Sebastian Pena/ Rafael Riso (Liberty) 8-1
2. Julien Antraygues/ Ben Deloume (HPU) def. Jarda Trojan/ Leandro Schujmann (Liberty) 8-7
3. Marc Laslaz/ Henri Mangin (HPU) def. Juan Reyes/ Chad Simpson (Liberty) 8-6
1. Charles Bottoni (HPU) def. Sebastian Pena (Liberty) 6-2, 6-4
2. Julien Antraygues (HPU) def. Chad Simpson (Liberty) 6-4, 6-0
3. Henri Mangin (HPU) def. Jarda Trojan (Liberty) 6-3, 6-2
4. Marc Laslaz (HPU) def. Leanardo Schujmann (Liberty) 6-2, 6-2
5. Ben Deloume (HPU) def. Rafael Riso (Liberty) 6-4, 5-7, 10-7
6. Maxime Dutois (HPU) def. Juan Reyes (Liberty) 6-0, 6-3