Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Best Highlanders in Home Opener
Liberty took all three doubles matches for the seventh time this season to capture the point. Liberty's undefeated No. 1 doubles tandem of Jordan Jenkins and Ekaterina Kuznetsova started the Lady Flames' run, besting their Radford counterparts, 8-1. Fabiana Gouveia and Martyna Hanusz captured the doubles point for Liberty, winning No. 2 doubles, 8-3. Hannah Fick and Stephanie Brown then followed up with an 8-3 win of their own in No. 3 doubles, securing the sweep.
Success continued in solo action, as the Lady Flames won 5-of-6 singles matches. Jenkins became a dual winner for the 13th occasion this season as she took No. 1 singles, 6-1, 7-6(5). Tacking on another win, the freshman remains undefeated in both singles and doubles on the year. Hanusz found herself in the No. 2 spot, defeating Radford's Paige Lindsley, 6-4, 6-3. Kuznetsova and Brown each earned victories as well, winning 6-3, 6-2 and 6-1, 6-3 in No. 3 and No. 5 singles. respectively. Gouveia capped off the evening, dropping only two games in No. 6 singles as she beat Radford's Alexandria Spector, 6-2, 6-0.
Now 2-1 in conference play and 10-3 overall, the Lady Flames return to the Esbenshade-Hershey courts tomorrow to take on the Presbyterian Blue Hose in a non-conference clash. Match time is slated for 1:30 p.m.
Liberty 6, Radford 1
1. Jordan Jenkins/Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Cassandra Price/Ivana Tomaic (RU) 8-1
2. Fabiana Gouveia/Martyna Hanusz (LU) d. Camila Noldin/Ashton Downs (RU) 8-3
3. Hannah Fick/Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Paige Lindsley/Alexandria Spector (RU) 8-3
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Ivana Tomaic (RU) 6-1, 7-6(5)
2. Martyna Hanusz (LU) d. Paige Lindsley (RU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Camila Noldin (RU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Ashton Downs (RU) d. Hannah Fick (LU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Mirna Matic (RU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Fabaina Gouveia (LU) d. Alexandria Spector (RU) 6-2, 6-0