Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Post Solid Win Over JMU
Liberty's No. 1 doubles tandem of Jordan Jenkins and Ekaterina Kuznetsova remained undefeated, soundly defeating James Madison's Rebecca Erickson and Anna Khoor, 8-0. The Lady Flames went on to secure the point in doubles play, as the freshman duet of Stephanie Brown and Hannah Fick took No. 3 doubles, 8-3.
In singles action, the Lady Flames earned points in five of the six matches. Despite being down 4-1 in the first set and 3-0 in the second, Jenkins rallied to pick up her 12th win in No. 1 singles, 6-4, 6-3. Jenkins' doubles partner, Kuznetsova, gave up only one game as she defeated James Madison's Anna Khoor, 6-0, 6-1. In No. 5 singles, Fick mirrored Kuznetsova's performance with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Alyssa Brandalik.
Brown joined Liberty's three other dual winners, beating James Madison's No. 4 singles player, 6-2, 6-3. Fabiana Gouveia concluded the evening with a straight set victory of her own in No. 6 singles, defeating Ida Donner, 6-0, 6-2.
After a string of non-conference victories, the Lady Flames return to conference play next Tuesday. The team will go on the road to face the High Point Panthers. Match time is set for 1:30 p.m.
1. EkaterinaKuznetsova/Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Rebecca Erickson/Anna Khoor (JMU) 8-0
2. Kristin Nimitz/Kelly Maxwell (JMU) d. Martyna Hanusz/Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 8-7(5)
3. Stephanie Brown/Hannah Fick (LU) d. Alyssa Brandalik/Barrett Donner (JMU) 8-3
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Rebecca Erickson (JMU) 6-4, 6-3
2. Kristin Nimitz (JMU) d. Martyna Hanusz (LU) 6-1, 3-6, 10-3
3. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Anna Khoor (JMU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Kelly Maxwell (JMU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Hannah Fick (LU) d. Alyssa Brandalik (JMU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Ida Donner (JMU) 6-0, 6-2