Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Drop Match to Dukes
Liberty's Chad Simpson and Juan Reyes picked up a win in No. 3 doubles, besting James Madison's Jared Robinson and Yaroslav Voznenko, 8-6. The win stood by itself, however, with the Dukes taking both No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to capture the point.
In singles action, James Madison continued earning points, taking four-of-six singles contests. The first of Liberty's pair of victories came in No. 3 singles. After losing all six games in the first set, senior Jarda Trojan rallied to beat James Madison's Mike Smith in three sets, 0-6, 6-1, 6-2. Juan Reyes became Liberty's lone dual winner of the day, earning a victory in a third set tiebreaker against the Dukes' No. 6 singles player, 7-6(0), 4-6, 10-6.
The Flames return to conference play next Tuesday as they travel to High Point, N.C., to take on the Panthers of High Point. Match time is slated for 1:30 p.m.
1. Mike Smith/Jesse Tarr (JMU) d. Sebastian Pena/Rafael Riso (LU) 8-2
2. Brian Rubenstein/Carlin Campbell (JMU) d. Jarda Trojan/Leandro Schujmann (LU) 9-7
3. Chad Simpson/Juan Reyes (LU) d. Jared Robinson/Yaroslav Voznenko (JMU) 8-6
1. Jared Robinson (JMU) d. Sebastian Pena (LU) 1-6, 6-2, 6-1
2. Jesse Tarr (JMU) d. Chad Simpson (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Jarda Trojan (LU) d. Mike Smith (JMU) 0-6, 6-1, 6-2
4. Brian Rubenstein (JMU) d. Leandro Schujmann (LU) 7-5, 6-4
5. Carlin Campbell (JMU) d. Rafael Riso (LU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Juan Reyes (LU) d. Yaroslav Voznenko (JMU) 7-6(0), 4-6, 10-6