Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Women Sweep Third Straight Match
After winning their morning match against Hastings 7-0, the Lady Flames continued their dominating play in Port St. Lucie, Fla. In its second contest on Tuesday, Liberty defeated McMurry, 7-0, for its third consecutive match sweep.
For the second straight match, the Lady Flames did not give up any games in doubles action, winning all three contests, 8-0, to capture the point.
In singles play, Liberty only gave up three games total in taking all six matches. Jordan Jenkins continues unbeaten this spring, taking her No. 1 singles match in straight sets, 6-0, 6-0. Martyna Hanusz, Ekaterina Kuznetsova and Stephanie Brown also won 6-0, 6-0 in their singles matches. At No. 5 singles, Hannah Fick defeated McMurry's Catherine Qunell, 6-0, 6-2. Completing the sweep for the Lady Flames, Fabiana Gouveia gave up only one game in No. 6 singles, taking the match 6-1, 6-0.
The Lady Flames will complete their tour of Florida as they play Northwood on Wednesday.
Liberty 7, McMurry 0
1. Jordan Jenkins/Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Amy Torti/Rachel Smith (MCM) 8-0
2. Martyna Hanusz/Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Gavee Olsen/Jeri Crofford (MCM) 8-0
3. Hannah Fick/Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Catherina Qunell/Anna Blunt (MCM) 8-0
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Amy Torti (MCM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Martyna Hanusz (LU) d. Gavee Olsen (MCM) 6-0, 6-0
3. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Jeri Crofford (MCM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Rachel Smith (MCM) 6-0, 6-0
5. Hannah Fick (LU) d. Catherine Qunell (MCM) 6-0, 6-2
6. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Anna Blunt (MCM) 6-1, 6-0