Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Begin Spring Break with 7-0 Sweep
Liberty captured the momentum early, as it took all three doubles matches to secure the point. The tandem of Jordan Jenkins and Ekaterina Kuznetsova remained undefeated in No. 1 doubles with an 8-4 victory. Stephanie Brown and Hannah Fick captured the point for the Lady Flames, defeating Ashton Lawrence and Brittany Kockler 8-2. Martyna Hanusz and Fabiana Gouveia completed the doubles sweep with an 8-0 shutout in No. 3 doubles.
The doubles matches foreshadowed singles play, as the Lady Flames posted victories in all six matches. Jenkins was a dual winner once again, as she captured the No. 1 singles match in straight sets, 6-0, 6-0. Kuznetsova and Brown mirrored Jenkins' performance by taking straight set, 6-0, 6-0, victories in No. 3 and No. 4 singles. Hanusz, playing in No. 2 singles for just the second time this season, defeated Missouri Southern's Kati Andersen, 6-3, 6-0.
In No. 5 singles, Fick earned the victory, 6-1, 6-3, over Lauren Skimbo, while Gouveia completed the sweep for the Lady Flames with a straight set No. 6 singles win, 6-0, 6-3. Monday's contest marked the second time Liberty has captured all seven points in a match this season.
Now riding a five-game winning streak, the Lady Flames, 6-3, gear up for two matches on Tuesday. Liberty will square off against Hastings at 9 a.m., followed by an evening match with McMurray slated for 5 p.m.
Liberty 7, Missouri Southern 0
1. Jordan Jenkins/Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Michelle Hall/Kati Andersen (MSSU) 8-4
2. Stephanie Brown/Hannah Fick (LU) d. Ashton Lawrence/Brittany Kockler (MSSU) 8-2
3. Martyna Hanusz/Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Lauren Skimbo/Janelle Quesensberry (MSSU) 8-0
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Michelle Hall (MSSU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Martyna Hanusz (LU) d. Kati Andersen (MSSU) 6-3, 6-0
3. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Ashton Lawrence (MSSU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Brittany Kockler (MSSU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Hannah Fick (LU) d. Lauren Skimbo (MSSU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Janelle Quesensberry (MSSU) 6-0, 6-3