Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Post Solid Win in Florida
The Sailfish struck first with an 8-4 win in No.1 Doubles. The duo of Jarda Trojan and Leandro Schujmann responded in No. 2 doubles by defeating Palm Beach's Paul Segodo and Frankie Moulton 8-6. Liberty's Chad Simpson and Juan Reyes performed well against their No. 3 doubles opponents, securing the point with an 8-1 victory.
In tightly contested singles action, Liberty and Palm Beach split the six matches. The Sailfish captured early points in both No.1 and No. 2 singles. In No. 3 singles, Trojan defeated Lukas Colombo in straight sets 6-2, 6-0. Trojan's doubles partner, Schjumann also became a dual winner with a straight set victory over Moulton, 6-3, 6-1. Reyes produced a similar result for the Flames in No. 5 singles as he defeated Palm Beach's John Tiliton 6-2, 6-3, giving Liberty the victory.
With one victory under their belt this week, the Flames, 2-6, look to continue the trend, as they play two matches on Tuesday. In the first match, Liberty will battle the Broncos of Hastings at 9 a.m., followed by an evening match with McMurray at 5 p.m.
Liberty 4, Palm Beach 3
1. Brock Newton/John Tilton (PBA) d. Sebastian Pena/Rafael Riso (LU) 8-4
2. Jarda Trojan/Leandro Schujmann (LU) d. Paul Segodo/Frankie Moulton (PBA) 8-6
3. Chad Simpson/Juan Reyes (LU) d. Lukas Colombo/James Buerkle (PBA) 8-1
1. Brock Newton (PBA) d. Chad Simpson (LU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Paul Segodo (PBA) d. Sebastian Pena (LU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Jarda Trojan (LU) d. Lukas Colombo (PBA) 6-2, 6-0
4. Leandro Schujmann (LU) d. Frankie Moulton (PBA) 6-3, 6-1
5. Juan Reyes (LU) d. John Tilton (PBA) 6-2, 6-3
6. James Buerkle (PBA) d. Rafael Riso (LU) 6-4, 6-1