Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Flames Fall at Longwood
The Lancers captured the doubles point by winning two of the three doubles contests. The Liberty pairing of Jarda Trojan and Leandro Schujmann defeated Milo Barajas-Alexander and Brandon Lindsley, 8-2, to even doubles at one match apiece. However, in a tightly played contest, Longwood took the doubles point by virtue of a victory at No. 3 in a tie breaker, 9-8 (5), by Mani Barajas and Carlos Garcia over the Flames team of Sebastian Pena and Franco Valdez.
In singles, the Lancers captured five of the six matches to seal their fourth-straight match victory. Schujmann was Liberty's lone singles winner, defeating Billy Heird at No. 4, 6-3, 6-4.
Liberty, 1-5, steps back into Big South action this weekend by hosting Winthrop, Saturday at Noon at the Hershey-Esbenshade Tennis Courts.
1. Brandon Lindsley (LNG) def. Chad Simpson (LIBERTY) 6-1, 6-2
2. Carlos Garcia de Andoain (LNG) def. Sebastian Pena (LIBERTY) 6-3, 6-3
3. David Cardoso (LNG) def. Jarda Trojan (LIBERTY) 6-4, 7-5
4. Leanardo Schujmann (LIBERTY) def. Billy Heird (LNG) 6-3, 6-4
5. Mani Barajas-Alexander (LNG) def. Juan Reyes (LIBERTY) 6-1, 6-7 (5), 10-8
6. Austin Brawley (LNG) def. Franco Valdez (LIBERTY) 6-0, 7-5
1. Heird/Cardoso (LNG) def. Simpson/Reyes (LIBERTY) 8-6
2. Trojan/Schujmann (LIBERTY) def. Milo Barjas-Alexander/Lindsley (LNG) 8-2
3. Mani Barajas-Alexander (LNG) def. Pena/Valdez (LIBERTY) 9-8 (5)