Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Lady Flames Blank North Carolina A&T
The afternoon began with all three of Liberty's duets sweeping their matches to capture the doubles point. Jordan Jenkins and Ekaterina Kuznetsova continued their five-match winning streak in doubles with an 8-3 win in the first flight. Liberty's Martyna Hanusz and Fabiana Gouveia followed up with an 8-0 shutout over N.C. A&T's Christina Ruffin and Terika Palmers in the second flight. Hannah Fick and Stephanie Brown then completed the sweep in No. 3 doubles with an 8-1 victory of their own.
Success for the Lady Flames continued in singles action, as the women went 6-for-6 on the evening. Jenkins is now 6-0 on the spring season, after beating N.C. A&T's Winnie Quick in No. 1 singles 6-2, 6-4. Two straight-set shutouts occurred in the fourth and sixth flights, as Gouveia and Brown both won their respective matches 6-0, 6-0. Kuznetsova, Hanusz and Fick each picked up straight-set wins as well, allowing the Lady Flames to capture every point for the first time this season.
Liberty will continue non-conference play, as the women travel to Farmville, Va., to battle the Lancers of Longwood on Tuesday. The Lady Flames look to extend their winning streak to three games and avenge last year's loss to Longwood with a win on Lancer Court. Tuesday's action begins at 2 p.m.
Liberty 7, North Carolina A&T 0
1. Jordan Jenkins/Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Winnie Quick/Jaymee Jones (A&T) 8-3
2. Martyna Hanusz/Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Christina Ruffin/Terika Palmer (A&T) 8-0
3. Hannah Fick/ Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Danielle McCaskill/Revorn Ferguson (A&T) 8-1
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Winnie Quick (A&T) 6-2, 6-4
2. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Christina Ruffin (A&T) 6-2, 6-1
3. Martyna Hanusz (LU) d. Jaymee Jones (A&T) 6-4, 6-2
4. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Terika Palmer (A&T) 6-0, 6-0
5. Hannah Fick (LU) d. Danielle McCaskill (A&T) 6-0, 6-2
6. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Revorn Ferguson (A&T) 6-0, 6-0