Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Beats Coastal, 4-3
The Lady Flames, now 2-3 overall this spring, jumped out to a 1-0 match advantage by earning the doubles point. Liberty took two out of the three contests. Jordan Jenkins and Ekaterina Kuznetsova made quick work of Coastal Carolina's Lexi Bolesky and Amy Pazahanick, defeating the duo, 8-2, in the No. 1 match. After dropping the No. 2 contest, Liberty wrapped up the doubles point with an 8-4 win from Martyna Hanusz and Fabiana Gouveia in the No. 3 match.
Liberty continued its success in singles, as Jenkins defeated Bolesky in No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-0. Jenkins has yet to drop a singles contest this spring. In No. 5 singles, Stephanie Brown picked up the Lady Flames' second singles victory. The Liberty freshman swept Coastal Carolina's Fernanda Shalders in straight sets 6-0, 6-0.
The decisive match point occurred in a tightly contested match in No. 2 singles. The Chanticleers' Kim Webb took the first set, but Kuznetsova rallied to win the final two sets and the match for the Lady Flames, 5-7, 6-3, 7-5.
The Lady Flames will travel to Greensboro, N.C., on Saturday for the first of two consecutive non-conference match-ups. Saturday, the Lady Flames visit North Carolina A&T. Match time is set for 1 p.m.
Liberty 4, Coastal Carolina 3
1. Jordan Jenkins/Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Lexi Bolesky/Amy Pazahanick (CCU) 8-2
2. Maria Camberos/Tina Petkova (CCU) d. Stephanie Brown/Hannah Fick (LU) 8-2
3. Martyna Hanusz/Fabiana Gouveia (LU) d. Kim Webb/Sofle Ahlberg (CCU) 8-4
1. Jordan Jenkins (LU) d. Lexi Bolesky (CCU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Amy Pazahanick (CCU) d. Martyna Hanusz (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) d. Kim Webb (CCU) 5-7, 6-3, 7-5
4. Sofle Ahlberg (CCU) d. Hannah Fick (LU) 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
5. Stephanie Brown (LU) d. Fernanda Shalders (CCU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Maria Camberos (CCU) d. Fabiana Gouveia (LU) 6-7, 6-2, 10-6