Flames NewsFlames Home > Men's Tennis Home > News
Liberty Falls to Appalachian State
Appalachian State took the doubles points, sweeping the three matches. Liberty's Chad Simpson and Juan Reyes kept things close in No.2 doubles, but dropped a narrow 8-7 decision to Appalachian State's Trent Constance and Peter Jacobs.
Singles action produced similar results, as the Flames suffered setbacks in all six matches. Liberty's Sebastian Pena forced Appalachian State's Bobby Lake into a tiebreak in the first set of No.1 singles, before falling in a tiebreaker. Lake went on to take the match 7-6 (5), 6-1.
The Flames, 1-2, take the next two weeks off, before traveling to Charleston, South Carolina, to square off against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, Feb. 23 their first Big South match of the season.
1. Ryan Brookshaw/Lee Floyd (ASU) d. Jarda Trojan/Sebastian Pena (LU) 8-4
2. Trent Constance/Peter Jacobs (ASU) d. Chad Simpson/Juan Reyes (LU) 8-7
3. Bobby Lake/Dave Doverspike (ASU) d. Franco Valdez/Rafael Rison (LU) 8-2
1. Bobby Lake (ASU) d. Sebastian Pena (LU) 7-6(5), 6-1
2. Ryan Brookshaw (ASU) d. Jarda Trojan (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Trent Constance (ASU) d. Chad Simpson (LU) 6-4, 6-1
4. Lee Floyd (ASU) d. Juan Reyes (LU) 6-1, 6-2
5. Peter Jacobs (ASU) d. Rafael Riso (LU) 6-1, 6-2
6. David Doverspike (ASU) d. Franco Valdez (LU) 6-0, 6-1