Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Watch Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty won its eighth-straight home game with a 73-34 win over visiting VMI, Saturday afternoon, at Williams Stadium.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the VMI Game:
• Liberty won its eighth-straight home game, setting a new program record. The previous record was seven straight set over the 1998 and 1999 seasons.
• For the second time in program history, Liberty has finished a season undefeated at Williams Stadium. The 1992 squad finished the year 5-0 at home.
• Liberty set a new stadium record by finishing the year with six home victories.
• Liberty posted its third-straight home game with an attendance figure over 14,000, as the Flames packed 14,273 fans into Williams Stadium on Saturday.
• The 14,273 fans marked the fifth-highest attended game in Williams Stadium history.
• Liberty finished the year with a total home attendance figure of 85,140 over six games, shattering last year's previous school record of 66,765 fans.
• Liberty scored 73 points against the Keydets, marking the second most points scored in a game in program history.
• The 73 points scored by Liberty was the highest a Big South program has scored in a conference game.
• Liberty and VMI finished the game with a combined 107 points scored, tying a Big South Conference record.
• Liberty's 73 points pushes the Flames' season-to-date points scored total to 438 points, setting a new Big South Conference record.
• Liberty is averaging 43.8 points per game, which is the second-best scoring averaging in the nation.
• For the first time since last year against Charleston Southern, Liberty finished a contest with a punt and a kickoff return for a touchdown.
• On the afternoon against the Keydets, Liberty's special teams unit was responsible for 25 total points.
• Liberty finished the afternoon rushing for 195 yards, giving the Flames 2,120 team rushing yards on the year.
• This marks the sixth time in school history Liberty has rushed for 2,000 yards in a season and the fifth time since 2000.
• Liberty's 2,120 team rushing yards ranks third best in school history, only behind the 2004 (2,334) and 2003 (2,614) seasons.
• The Flames have scored 57 touchdowns on the year, surpassing the previous school record of 47 touchdowns scored by the 1995 team.
• Rashad Jennings and Zach Terrell both surpassed the 2,000 career rushing mark during the VMI game.
• Rashad Jennings has rushed for 2,019 yards during his career, followed closely behind by Zach Terrell with 2,013 yards.
• Rashad Jennings posted his fifth-straight multiple touchdown game with three rushing touchdowns against VMI, setting a new Big South Conference record.
• Rashad Jennings has now rushed for 15 touchdowns on the year, setting a new Big South Conference record.
• Zach Terrell finished the game against the Keydets with one rushing touchdown, giving the junior 15-straight games with a rushing touchdown.
• For the second-straight season, Rashad Jennings and Zach Terrell have both rushed for 10 or more touchdowns, as Jennings leads the squad with 15 touchdowns, followed by Terrell's 10 TDs.
• For the second time during his career, Brock Smith has posted three-straight games in which he has passed for 200 or more yards.
• Brock Smith had his most efficient passing game of the season, completing 11-of-14 passing attempts for 246 yards and three touchdowns.
• With his 246 passing yards against the Keydets, Brock Smith became the sixth quarterback in Big South history to throw for 4,000 yards, as the junior has now passed for 4,212 career yards over three seasons.
• Dominic Bolden set a new Big South Conference record, as the junior finished the VMI game with 198 kickoff return yards (on three returns).
• Dominic Bolden returned a kickoff 83 yards for a touchdown, giving the junior three career kickoff returns for a touchdown.
• For the fifth time this year, Noah Greenbaum finished a game with double-digit scoring, as the senior recorded 13 points (10 extra points and a field goal).
• Liberty finished the game against VMI with four fumble recoveries, setting a new season high.
• For the first time since returning from a knee injury, Nick Hursky finished a game with double-digit tackles, leading the Flames with 10 tackles.
• Eight of Nick Hursky's 10 game-high 10 tackles were solo stops, tying a season high.