Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Watch Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty won its seventh-straight home game with a 37-24 win over visiting Coastal Carolina, Saturday afternoon, at Williams Stadium.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the Coastal Carolina Game:
• For the third time this year, the Flames played a home game in front of more than 14,000 fans, as 14,411 filed into Williams Stadium on Saturday against Coastal Carolina.
• The attendance figure ranked as the fourth-highest in the stadium and Big South Conference's history.
• For the first time in the history of the program, Liberty surpassed the 70,000 total home attendance mark, as Liberty has had 70,867 fans fill Williams Stadium during five home games this year.
• Liberty's previous home season attendance record was 66,765 fans over six games during the 2006 season.
• For the second-straight game and the third time this year, Liberty finished a game with more than 500 total offensive yards, rolling up 527 yards against Coastal Carolina.
• Liberty's offensive yards were evenly distributed against the Chanticleers, finishing with 262 rushing yards and 265 passing yards.
• The Coastal Carolina game marked the third-straight Liberty has rushed for more than 200 yards, finishing with 262 yards and four rushing touchdowns against the Chanticleers.
• Liberty's 37 points scored against Coastal Carolina gave the Flames 365 on the year, setting a new school record for total points scored.
• The previous record was held by the 1997 squad, which scored 356 en route to a 9-2 campaign.
• After committing just two turnovers during a four-game span, the Flames finished the Coastal Carolina game with a season-high three turnovers (two fumbles and an interception).
• For the second-straight week, the Flames finished a game with double-figure penalty totals.
• Liberty was whistled for 13 penalties for 114 yards, season-high figures in both statistical categories.
• For the second time this year, the Flames finished a game with just one punt, as Zac Kolegue booted a 54-yarder midway through the fourth quarter.
• Liberty's 262 team rushing yards gives the Flames 1,925 yards on the year, leaving Liberty 75 rushing yards short of the 2,000-plateau.
• The Flames have reached 2,000 rushing yards five times during the 35-year history of the program, with four out of the fifth happening since the 2002 season.
• For the sixth time in the 35-year history of the program, Liberty has posted six or more wins in consecutive seasons and the first time since the 2003 and 2004 seasons.
• Liberty finished the game with a season-best 5.0 sacks for a total loss of 31 yards against Coastal Carolina.
• For the first time in five games and only the second this year, Liberty finished a game without an interception.
• Liberty has rushed for 26 touchdowns this year, just five short of the school record when the 1979 squad rushed for 31 touchdowns.
• Liberty finished the Coastal Carolina game with five touchdowns, giving the Flames 41 on the year.
• The school record for team touchdowns in a season is 47, set by the 1995 squad.
• Rashad Jennings scored three rushing touchdowns on Saturday, giving him 22 during his career, which places him tied for No. 3 on the Big South's all-time career rushing touchdown list.
• Rashad Jennings has eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark in five-straight games, tying him with Kim Raynor (1977) and Chip Smith (1974) for No. 2 on Liberty's consecutive 100-yard game list.
• Rashad Jennings has now rushed for 100 or more yards in 11 out of 18 games at Liberty, since joining the squad in 2006.
• Rashad Jennings needs 78 more rushing yards to record his second-consecutive 1,000-yard rushing season, as the junior has rushed for 922 yards and a Big South-best 12 touchdowns.
• Rashad Jennings' 12 rushing touchdowns currently ranks tied for fifth on the Big South's single-season rushing touchdowns list.
• Rashad Jennings is averaging 131.7 rushing yards per game, which would surpass the Big South's all-time average of 118.5 averaging rushing yards (Liberty's Dre Barnes in 2002) if the season were to end today.
• Rashad Jennings needs just 58 more rushing yards to surpass the 2,000 yard rushing plateau, having rushed for 1,942 yards and 22 touchdowns in 18 games.
• Rashad Jennings 1,942 career rushing yards ranks fifth on the Big South's all-time career rushing yards list.
• For the 14th-straight game, Zach Terrell recorded a rushing touchdown with a four-yard run in the closing minutes of the season half.
• For the second-straight game and the fourth time this season, Brock Smith has passed for 200 or more yards in consecutive games.
• Brock Smith threw for a season-high 281 yards and three touchdowns on Oct. 27 against Presbyterian, followed by 265 yards against Coastal Carolina.
• Brock Smith needs just 34 more passing yards to surpass the 4,000-passing yard mark for his career. He has thrown for 3,966 yards and 25 touchdowns in 26 career games.
• Ryan Greiser tied a season-high with his game-high tying mark of 11 tackles against Coastal Carolina.
• For the second-straight week, nose guard Colin Dugan finished a game with 10 tackles, including seven assisted stops.
• Vince Redd tied Ryan Greiser for team-high tackling honors as the senior set a new career mark with 11 tackles.
• For the third time this year, Vince Redd finished a game with more than one sack, as he tallied 2.5 sacks (21 yards) against Coastal Carolina.
• Nick Hursky posted his best game since returning from a knee injury, recording nine tackles against the Chanticleers.