Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Watch Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty won its sixth-straight home game with a 48-14 Homecoming win over visiting Presbyterian, Saturday afternoon, at Williams Stadium.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the Presbyterian Game:
• For the second-straight week, the Flames eclipsed the 40-point mark in their 48-14 victory over Presbyterian.
• Liberty has scored 40 or more points in four different contests this year, tying a school record, as the Flames also surpassed 40 points in four games during the 1979 and 1994 seasons.
• Liberty now ranks No. 4 nationally in scoring averaging, as the Flames are averaging 41.0 points per contest.
• Liberty's victory over Presbyterian moved the Flames record to 23-12 all-time in Homecoming contests.
• Liberty rushed for 248 yards on 46 carries against the Blue Hose, giving the Flames their second-straight week with a 200-yard rushing performance and the third time in last four games.
• The Flames rank No. 20 in the county, averaging 207.9 rushing yards per game.
• For the first time in four games, Liberty committed a turnover with a fumble in the fourth quarter.
• The last time Liberty had committed a turnover prior to the Presbyterian game was on a third-quarter interception at Elon, meaning the Flames went 197:50 between turnovers.
• The Flames intercepted two passes against Presbyterian, pushing Liberty's Big South leading total to 15 on the season.
• Liberty's first quarter, 15-play touchdown drive, was the team's longest scoring drive of the season.
• Zach Terrell's three-yard run midway through the first quarter gave the junior his 13th-straight game with a rushing touchdown.
• Zach Terrell now ranks second all-time on the Big South's career rushing touchdown list with 23 career rushing touchdowns.
• Rashad Jennings rushed for a career-high 196 yards against Presbyterian, while adding two touchdowns. Jennings' previous career high was 194 yards against Savannah State last year.
• Rashad Jennings posted his 10th career 100-yard rushing performance, giving the junior 10 100-yard outing in 17 games since joining the Flames' roster.
• Brock Smith tied a career high with three passing touchdowns against Presbyterian. He also threw for three touchdowns against Charleston Southern in 2005 and St. Francis, Pa., earlier this year.
• Stevie Ray Lloyd led the Flames with 11 tackles, giving the senior his fourth game this year with a double-figure tackle total.
• Colin Dugan finished second on the team in tackles against Presbyterian yesterday, setting a new career-high for the nose guard.