Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Listen to Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty won its Big South Conference opener with a 50-10 victory over Charleston Southern, Saturday afternoon, at CSU Stadium.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the Charleston Southern Game:
• Liberty's 40-point victory over Charleston Southern, 50-10, was the Flames' largest margin of victory against a Big South Conference opponent in school history.
• Liberty's previous largest margin of victory over a Big South foe came during a 28-point win, 34-6, over Charleston Southern on Oct. 30, 2004.
• The 40-point win by Liberty over Charleston Southern was the fourth largest margin of victory by a Big South program in a league contest.
• Liberty has scored 30 or more points in five out of six games this season and seven out of its last eight, dating back to last year.
• Liberty is now averaging 40.0 points per game, the best scoring averaging in the Big South Conference this year.
• Liberty rushed for 283 yards against Charleston Southern, the team's second-best rushing total this year.
• The Flames rushed for five touchdowns against the Buccaneers, Liberty's most rushing touchdowns in a game since racking up six touchdowns against Hofstra on Nov. 22, 2003.
• Liberty has surpassed the 200 yard rushing mark two out of the last three games, while recording 11 rushing touchdowns.
• Liberty is averaging 283.0 rushing yards per game over the three-game span.
• During the first four games of the year, Liberty averaged 143.0 rushing yards per game and recorded eight rushing touchdowns.
• For the second time this year, Liberty collected four interceptions with four different players picking off four separate passes.
• Patrick Calvary picked off the first pass of the day, returning it 35 yards to give him 100 interception yards on the year, which leads the Big South Conference in interception return yards.
• Liberty now leads the Big South Conference with 13 interceptions on the year with nine different players having recorded at least one interception.
• For the second-straight game and the third time this year, Liberty finished a contest without a turnover.
• Liberty finished the Charleston Southern game with a +5.0 turnover ratio, with four interceptions and a fumble recovery to mark Liberty's best single game turnover ratio of the year.
• For just the second time this year, Liberty finished a game by winning the time of possession battle, ending the game with 2:30 TOP edge over the Buccaneers.
• Chuck Duffey's interception in the end zone early in the fourth quarter ended an opponent streak this year, as Liberty's opponents had scored on 20-consecutive trips inside the Red Zone.
• For the second-straight game and the third time this year, Rashad Jennings eclipsed the 100-yard mark with his game-high 131 yards against Charleston Southern.
• Rashad Jennings has now rushed for 100 or more yards in four out of five games this year and nine out of 16 games since joining the Flames' roster last year.
• Rashad Jennings' nine career 100-yard games are tied for fourth best in program history along with Chip Smith (1973-1976).
• Rashad Jennings finished the game with two rushing touchdowns, giving the junior six multiple-rushing touchdown games out of 16 games in a Liberty uniform.
• The 131 rushing yards in the contest gave Rashad Jennings 1,574 career rushing yards which ranks No. 9 all-time on the Big South career rushing list.
• Zach Terrell's 16-yard touchdown run at the end of the first quarter gave the junior his 12th-straight game with a rushing touchdown.
• Zach Terrell recorded two rushing touchdowns in the game, giving him 22 for his career, tying him for second place with VMI's Sean Mizzer (2003-06) on the Big South's all-time career rushing touchdown list.
• Noah Greenbaum tied a season-high by recording 14 points in the contest, matching his 14 points against St. Francis, Pa.
• Noah Greenbaum had a 30-yard field attempt blocked midway through the second quarter, snapping a streak where the senior had hit seven-straight field goal attempts.
• After finishing the last two games with three penalties during each contest, the Flames were whistled for eight infractions for 86 yards against Charleston Southern.
• The eight penalties was just one short of Liberty's season-high of nine penalties (for 70 yards) against William & Mary.
• Liberty finished the Charleston Southern game with 25 first downs, including 16 first downs by rushing.
• Liberty's season-high for first downs was set against St. Francis, Pa., when Liberty tallied 26 first downs and 18 by virtue of rushing plays.
• Liberty tacked on points to the scoreboard during nine of its 12 drives against Charleston Southern.