Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Listen to Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty's five game winning streak was snapped in a double overtime loss at William & Mary on Saturday evening, 48-41.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the William & Mary game:
• Liberty's loss to William & Mary snapped a five-game winning streak for the Flames, which was the third-longest streak at the NCAA FCS level coming into the game.
• Liberty's loss to William & Mary on Saturday marked the 10th-straight season the Flames have lost their first road game of the year. Liberty is now 8-26-1 all-time in its first road contest of the season.
• Saturday evening's game against William & Mary marked the team's first overtime game since falling to No. 14 Coastal Carolina, 27-21, in triple overtime at Williams Stadium on Oct. 22, 2005. Liberty is now 3-5 all-time in games decided in overtime.
• Despite holding onto the ball for just 3:42 during the fourth quarter, the Flames had their most productive 15 minutes of the game, scoring 15 points to force overtime.
• Six out of Liberty's 10 regulation drives were for seven or more plays, including two 13-play drives. During Liberty's first two games, the Flames only had three drives out of 28 which lasted for seven or more plays.
• Dating back to last season, the Flames have scored 30 or more points over the last five games.
• The last time Liberty scored 30 or more points over five games came during a seven-game stretch that spanned the 1994 and 1995 seasons.
• Liberty was a combined 6-for-26 on third-down plays during the first two games of the year. Against William & Mary, the Flames finished the contest 7-for-15 on third-down plays.
• Rashad Jennings posted his sixth 100-yard rushing game since joining the Flames, rushing for 114 yards on 28 carries.
• Rashad Jennings has now rushed for 100 yards in six out of 12 games as a member of the Flames.
• Rashad Jennings scored a career-high 20 points, finishing with two rushing touchdowns, a receiving touchdown and a two-point conversion.
• Zach Terrell's rushing touchdown with 16 seconds left helped force the overtime and gave the junior his ninth-straight game with a rushing touchdown.
• Brandon Turner finished the William & Mary game by collecting a career-high eight receptions for 55 yards.
• Brock Smith finished the William & Mary game completing 25-of-37 pass attempts, marking new career highs in both categories for the junior.
• Noah Greenbaum's 37-yard field goal at the 8:06 mark of the second quarter tied the longest field goal Liberty has recorded since the 2004 season.
• For the third-straight game, Nick Hursky finished a game with double-figure tackles. The linebacker led the Flames with 10 stops against William & Mary on Saturday.
• Patrick Calvary recorded three tackles against William & Mary on Saturday, pushing the defensive back over the 100-career tackles mark (101).