Flames NewsFlames Home > Football Home > News
Watch Head Coach Danny Rocco's Postgame Press Conference
Liberty opened its 2007 football campaign with a 38-14 win over visiting Tusculum, Saturday evening, at Williams Stadium.
As part of LibertyFlames.com's continuing coverage of the football program, the web site will bring you weekly postgame comments from head coach Danny Rocco.
During Liberty's six home games, LibertyFlames.com will provide video footage from the postgame press conference. For road contests, the web site will provide audio coverage of Rocco's after-game comments.
Continue to check back weekly to catch head coach Danny Rocco's postgame comments.
Flame Facts from the Tusculum Game:
• Liberty's win over Tusculum on Saturday evening pushed the squad's record to 19-2 in home openers over the last 21 years.
• With the victory, head coach Danny Rocco became the third head coach in program history to record a win in his first two season openers.
• Nearly 15,000 fans saw Liberty's home-opening victory as the game's official attendance figure was 14,925, marking the second-highest attended game in program history (second to last year's homecoming game which had 15,631 in attendance).
• The Flames' season-opener against Tusculum marked the beginning of the 35th year of Liberty football.
• Liberty forced five turnovers in the game (four interceptions and a fumble recovery), marking the team's highest turnover total since forcing six turnovers against Norfolk State on Nov. 19, 2005.
• Zach Terrell posted the third-best rushing total of his career by leading the Flames with 153 yards gained on the ground.
• Zach Terrell's second quarter rushing touchdown gave the junior his seventh-straight game with at least one rushing touchdown.
• With his 153 yards rushing, Zach Terrell pushed his career total near 1,500 yards (1,494 yards), moving him into No. 9 on the Big South all-time career rushing list.
• Both Wynton Jackson and Brandon Turner moved over the 100-career reception mark during the Tusculum game.
• Brandon Turner caught four passes for 57 yards, giving him 101 career receptions.
• Wynton Jackson caught three passes for 13 yards, enabling him to hit the century mark on the nose.
• Nick Hursky paced the way for the Flames' defensively as the junior linebacker posted 12 tackles, the second-highest tackle total of his career (career high is 19 tackles against Norfolk State).
• Nick Hursky's 12-tackle effort against the Pioneers on Saturday pushed his career tackle total over the century mark as the junior now stands with 107 career stops.