Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
No. 22 Liberty Hosts Coastal Carolina for Three-Game Conference Series
COASTAL CAROLINA AT NO. 22 LIBERTY
Liberty Baseball Stadium
Friday - 7 p.m.
Saturday - 7 p.m.
Sunday - 2 p.m.
Complete Baseball Notes
Liberty Flames Sports Network Coverage
Friday & Sunday 90.9 FM "The Light"
Live Stats (StatsBroadcast): Friday's Game
• Liberty enters the weekend with a 35-11 overall record and a 19-1 mark in Big South play.
• The Flames have posted a 29-6 record since March 2.
• The Flames are ranked in each of the major polls this week. Liberty's highest ranking is No. 22 by Baseball America.
• Liberty entered the week with a RPI of 22 in the latest report from the NCAA.
• Liberty has posted the seventh-best winning percentage in the nation at .761.
• Liberty fell 8-2 at No. 1 Virginia in its latest outing, Wednesday evening.
• The Flames swept a three-game series from UNC Asheville in their last conference series, April 25-27. Liberty has won 17 straight Big South Conference games, a program record.
• The Flames sit atop the conference's North Division standings with the Big South's best
record at 19-1. Its 19 wins tie the 2010 Flames for the most Big South wins in program history.
• With one win, Liberty will clinch the Big South regular season title and the No. 1 seed for the Big South Baseball Championship in Rock Hill, S.C., May 20-24.
• Liberty leads the Big South Conference with a 2.50 ERA. The mark ranks 12th nationally.
• Liberty is 19-4 at Liberty Baseball Stadium this season, after sweeping a three-game series from UNC Asheville, 4/25-27.
• 2B Ryan Seiz hit his 11th home run of the season in the eighth inning to give Liberty a 4-2 lead in a win over UNC Asheville, 4/26. He leads the Big South with 11 home runs.
• Seiz also leads the Big South in runs scored, slugging percentage and total bases. He is fourth in batting average and second in on base percentage. The second baseman is also tied for fourth in the conference with teammate Alex Close with 38 RBIs.
• 1B Alex Close hit his sixth home run of the season and singled home the winning run in Liberty's walkoff win over UNC Asheville, 4/27. He ranks sixth in home runs and tied for sixth in the slugging percentage in the Big South.
• Close leads the Flames with a .400 batting average with runners in scoring position.
• C Danny Grauer is tied for fourth in home runs among Big South hitters. He is seventh in RBIs and is sixth in slugging percentage in the conference.
• SS Dalton Britt had a career-high 14-game hit streak from 4/4-4/26. The streak is the longest by a Liberty player this season.
• Britt has had at least one hit in 38 of Liberty's 46 games this season.
• OF Nick Lacik is fourth in the Big South Conference with 27 walks. The Liberty leadoff hitter has a .376 on base percentage.
• Lacik's first triple as a Flame drove in two runs at Virginia, Wednesday.
• RHP Trey Lambert was named to the National Pitcher of the Year Watch List. Lambert leads the Big South Conference in wins with a 9-1 record. His win total ranks ninth nationally.
• Lambert ranks sixth in ERA (2.27) and seventh in innings pitched (79.1) in the conference.
• RHP Ashton Perritt recorded his career-high 11th save of the season in win over UNC
Asheville, 4/26. Perritt's save total is the second most in a season in program history.
• Perritt is on the midseason watch list for NCBWA Stopper of the Year Award.
• Perritt also has started all 45 games in center field for the Flames this season. He is one of three Flames (Britt and Seiz) who have started every game this season.
• LHP Shawn Clowers ran his record to 7-0 on the season with three wins over five games, 4/22-4/27. He recorded the victory at Clemson on 4/22 and picked-up back-to-back victories against UNC Asheville, 4/26 and 4/27. The LHP is tied for second in the Big South in wins.
• Clowers has made a career-high 16 appearances and has posted a 0.98 ERA.
• RHP Parker Bean is tied for seventh in the Big South Conference in wins with a 6-1 record.
He has the eighth best ERA (2.56) and is sixth in the conference in strikeouts.
• RHP Matt Marsh has not allowed a run since Feb. 18. During the span, RHP has made 11 appearances and pitched 21 2/3 scoreless innings. He enters the weekend with a 0.78 ERA.
Recognizing the Seniors
• On Saturday, Liberty baseball will recognize the five seniors on its roster who will play in their last regular season home games in a Liberty uniform at Liberty Baseball Stadium over the next six days. The Flames close out their home schedule on May 13 against Elon.
• Pitchers Brett Fulghum, Trey Lambert and Matt Marsh, along with catcher Danny Grauer and outfielder Nick Lacik will be honored for their contributions to Liberty baseball during their time with program.
Average Attendance in Top 50
• With four games left on Liberty's home schedule, the Flames have averaged 1,453 fans per home date this season.
• The mark ranks 40th in the nation on the latest NCBWA Attendance Report for games through May 5.
• Liberty has drawn 31,981 fans (51st in total attendance) over 22 games at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season.
• Since opening Liberty Baseball last season, the Flames have averaged 1,191 fans per game.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Liberty Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for a look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each week throughout the season.
• Pierce, who brings you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.