Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Charleston Southern Defeats Lady Flames Tennis
Both teams were forced to contend with inclement weather, as a number of rain showers forced multiple delays throughout the match. Despite the unfavorable conditions, all of the afternoon's scheduled play was completed.
In doubles play, Charleston Southern captured two of the three matches to win the point. Liberty earned a victory at No. 1, as Jonita Randolph and Martyna Hanusz were victorious. The Lady Flames' top doubles pairing improved its record to 7-4 on the campaign.
Singles competition featured Randolph winning her match at No. 1, running her record to 12-1. The senior won her day's match in three sets, marking her fifth three-set victory of the season. Unfortunately for the Lady Flames, Randolph's was their only singles win of the afternoon, as the Lady Buccaneers swept the remaining singles matches to wrap up their triumph.
Liberty's record after the match now stands at 5-8 overall and 2-3 in the Big South. The Lady Flames resume play on Tuesday as they host conference rival High Point. Match time at the Esbenshade-Hershey Tennis Courts is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.
1. Jonita Randolph/Martyna Hanusz (LU) def. Meryam Tazi/Patricia Jaeger (CSU) – 8-6
2. Lina Benkirane/Amanda Swindall (CSU) def. Ekaterina Kuznetsova/Kathy Waldthausen (LU) – 8-3
3. Andrea Schutte/Ashley Heard (CSU) def. Daniela Dimas/Livia Branco (LU) – 8-1
1. Jonita Randolph (LU) def. Maryam Tazi (CSU) – 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
2. Lina Benkirane (CSU) def. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) – 6-3, 6-4
3. Patricia Jaeger (CSU) def. Kathy Waldthausen (LU) – 6-3, 6-2
4. Andrea Schutte (CSU) def. Daniela Dimas (LU) – 6-1, 6-2
5. Nazli Kutuk (CSU) def. Martyna Hanusz (LU) – 6-0, 6-3
6. Amanda Swindall (CSU) def. Livia Branco (LU) – 6-0, 6-2