Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Tennis Home > News
Randolph Wins 50th Career Match ; Lady Flames Fall to Coastal
The doubles portion of the Big South Conference match was not contested due to heavy rain in the Lynchburg area, which delayed the start of the day's events. Singles competition was highlighted by Randolph's 50th career victory. The Lady Flame stalwart, a multiple all-conference selection during her career, has begun her final season at Liberty 11-1.
The Lady Flames also won the No. 3 singles match, as Kathy Waldthausen was victorious in her effort. Coastal rebounded however, claiming the remaining four singles matches to wrap up its win.
Liberty is now 5-7 on the season, and the Lady Flames hold a 2-2 record in the Big South. The team is scheduled to return to action on Sunday by hosting the Lady Buccaneers of Charleston Southern. Match time is scheduled for 1 p.m.
1) Jonita Randolph (LU) def. Hayley Rudman (CCU) – 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
2) Amy Pazahanick (CCU) def. Ekaterina Kuznetsova (LU) – 7-6 (8-6), 7-5
3) Kathy Waldthausen (LU) def Sarize Coetzee (CCU) – 7-5, 2-6, 3-2 (ret.)
4) Kimberly Webb (CCU) def. Martyna Hanusz (LU) – 6-1, 6-4
5) Sofie Ahlberg (CCU) def. Daniela Dimas (LU) – 6-0, 6-1
6) Maria Camberos (CCU) def. Livia Branco (LU) – 6-1, 6-0