Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
No. 30 Liberty to Host UNC Asheville for Big South Series
UNC ASHEVILLE AT NO. 30 LIBERTY
Liberty Baseball Stadium
Friday - 7 p.m.
Saturday - 3 p.m.
Sunday - 1 p.m.
Complete Baseball Notes
Liberty Flames Sports Network Coverage
Sunday 90.9 FM "The Light"
Audio Internet Broadcast: Friday LibertyFlames.com
Live Stats (StatsBroadcast):
• Liberty enters the weekend with a 32-10 overall record and a 16-1 mark in Big South play.
• The Flames have posted a 29-5 record since Feb. 25.
• Liberty has posted the fourth most wins of any team in the nation and with a .762 winning percentage, the seventh best winning percentage in the county.
• Liberty was ranked No. 30 in the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper poll, Monday. The Flames continue to garner national attention due to their RPI rank of 17.
• Liberty won both of its contests at Gardner-Webb in Big South Conference play, last
weekend. The final game of the three-game series was rained out.
• The Flames sit atop the conference's North Division standings with the Big South's best record at 16-1. The mark is the best conference start in program history.
• Liberty has won 14 straight Big South Conference games, a program record.
• The Flames have a 16-4 (.800) record at Liberty Baseball Stadium this season.
• Liberty is 11-3 (.786) during the month of April. The Flames have posted a 71-53 (.573) mark during head coach Jim Toman's tenure during the month.
• Liberty leads the Big South Conference with a .292 batting average and a 2.47 ERA.
• Liberty is averaging 6.2 runs per game, while allowing its opponents 3.0 runs per game. The Flames are tied for 11th in the country with a 3.2 scoring margin differential.
• C Danny Grauer hit his seventh home run of the season and drove in another run with a double in Liberty's win at Clemson, Tuesday.
• This past Friday at Gardner-Webb, Grauer collected his third three-hit game of the season and drove in two runs in win at Gardner-Webb.
• Grauer is tied for fourth in home runs among Big South hitters. He is fifth in RBIs in slugging percentage in the conference.
• 2B Ryan Seiz leads the Big South in runs scored, home runs, slugging percentage and total bases. He is third in batting average and second in on base percentage. The second baseman is tied for third in the conference with teammate Alex Close with 36 RBIs.
• 1B Alex Close is tied for third in RBIs in the Big South. In addition, he is also tied for sixth with five home runs.
• OF Andrew Yacyk had two hits including a home run vs. Virginia Tech, 4/14. Yacyk's two-run home run in the fifth inning was his third of the year.
• DH Becker Sankey hit his first home run of the season at Longwood, 4/11. Sankey drove in seven runs, 4/7-13.
• SS Dalton Britt enters the weekend with a career-high 12-game hit streak. The streak ties Alex Close for the longest hitting streak by a Flame this season.
• OF Nick Lacik is second in the Big South Conference with 26 walks.
• Liberty RHP Trey Lambert leads the Big South Conference with nine wins. The senior recorded his ninth consecutive win in 5-1 win over Gardner-Webb, last Thursday. In the win, Lambert recorded his Big South-leading third complete game.
• Lambert ranks fifth in innings pitched (72.1) and ERA (2.12) in the conference.
• RHP Parker Bean is tied for third in the Big South Conference in wins. He leads the Flames and is eighth in the conference in strikeouts.
• Bean was named the Big South Pitcher of the Week and earned Louisville Slugger National Player of the Week honors for March 31-April 6.
• RHP Ashton Perritt recorded his team-leading ninth save, Tuesday at Clemson.
• LHP Shawn Clowers ran his record to 5-0 on the season with 2 2/3 innings of scoreless relief in 4-3 win at Clemson, Tuesday.
Perritt Named to Midseason NCBWA Stopper Watch List
• Liberty reliever Ashton Perritt is one of 50 relief pitchers named to the midseason watch list for the 10th annual National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) Stopper of the Year Award, the NCBWA announced Wednesday.
• The honor is annually given to the top relief pitcher in NCAA Division I.
• Perritt, who also starts in the outfield for the Flames, has posted a 1-1 record with a 1.64 ERA and nine saves in a team-high 14 appearances this season. The junior right-hander has struck out 23 and walked three in 22 innings.
• Perritt earned his ninth save of 2014, retiring the side in order to close out Liberty's 4-3 win at No. 20 Clemson, Tuesday night.
• The right-hander's nine saves are the third most in a season in school history. Last season, Perritt recorded 10 saves, the second most in a season in school history,
behind 16 by Josh Brey in 2000.
• He enters the weekend with 19 career saves, ranking second on the all-time program list behind Brey, who posted 27 from 1999-2001.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Liberty Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for a look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each week throughout the season.
• Pierce, who brings you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.