Flames NewsFlames Home > Women's Basketball Home > News
2013-14 WBB Season Review with Carey Green
The Liberty women's basketball team enjoyed another successful season in 2013-14, finishing 20-11 overall and 15-5 in Big South Conference play. Here is a look at some of the Lady Flames' most notable achievements this season.
• Liberty recorded its seventh straight 20-win season and 16th 20-win campaign in the last 18 years.
• The Lady Flames posted their 15th consecutive season with double-digit Big South wins and fell one win shy of the conference record for most Big South victories in a season (16).
• Liberty advanced to the semifinals of the Big South Women's Basketball Championship for the 18th consecutive season.
• The Lady Flames finished with a winning record for the 18th season in a row.
• Liberty went 10-3 at the Vines Center, recording double-digit home victories for the 12th straight season.
• Liberty's 175 three-pointers made broke the program single-season record of 173 triples from the 2012-13 season.
• The Lady Flames held all 31 opponents below 50 percent field goal shooting.
• Through games played on March 16, Liberty leads the nation in rebound margin (+15.2) and ranks No. 8 in field goal percentage defense (.350).
• If the Lady Flames end the season ranked No. 1 nationally in rebound margin, it will mark the third straight season and the sixth time overall that they have topped the nation in the category. This is also the 12th consecutive year that Liberty has ranked among the nation's top 10 teams in rebound margin.
• If Liberty leads the nation in rebound margin, the Lady Flames would become the second team ever to top the nation for three years in a row. Louisiana Tech was the nation's top-ranked team for rebound margin for four straight seasons (1986-87 through 1989-90).
• Featured a first team All-Big South player (Ashley Rininger) for the 18th straight season
• Put multiple players on the Big South All-Freshman Team (Mickayla Sanders and Simone Brown) for the first time since 2002
#1 Mickayla Sanders
• Big South All-Freshman Team
• Led the Lady Flames with 51 three-pointers made and posted the third-highest single-season three-point field goal percentage (.364) in program history
#5 Reagan Miller
• Ended the season ranked No. 6 in program history for career three-pointers made (132) and No. 34 for career points (670)
#15 Simone Brown
• Big South All-Freshman Team
#21 Emily Frazier
• Preseason All-Big South
• Has tallied 312 assists through her first three seasons at Liberty, making her the first Lady Flame to dish out 300 career assists since Allyson Fasnacht graduated with 326 assists in 2008
#34 Katelyn Adams
• Through two seasons, she already ranks No. 40 on Liberty's career rebounding list with 404 boards.
#55 Ashley Rininger
• First team All-Big South
• Big South Scholar-Athlete of the Year (first Liberty sophomore to win the award since Elena Kisseleva in 1998)
• Big South All-Academic Team
• Three-time Big South Player of the Week (Dec. 2, Dec. 23 and Feb. 24)
• Seton Hall Thanksgiving Classic All-Tournament Team
• Her 16 double-doubles were the fourth most in a single season in program history and the most by a sophomore.
• Through the games of March 16, she ranks No. 22 nationally in double-doubles and No. 36 in field goal percentage (.542).
• Ranks No. 24 in program history for career rebounds (497) and No. 32 for career points (689)