Flames NewsFlames Home > Baseball Home > News
Liberty to Host Kent State for Weekend Series
KENT STATE AT LIBERTY
Liberty Baseball Stadium
Friday - 3 p.m.
Saturday - DH - 1 p.m.
Sunday - 2 p.m.
Complete Baseball Notes
Liberty Flames Sports Network Coverage
National Television: ESPN3 (Friday, Saturday - Game 1, Sunday)
LFSN Television: Friday, Saturday - Game 1, Sunday
Radio Broadcast: 90.9 FM "The Light" (Saturday - Game 2)
Video Streaming: FlamesTV/Big South Network (Friday, Saturday - Game 1, Sunday)
Live Stats (StatsBroadcast):
• After an 8-2 win in extra innings at Duke on Wednesday, Liberty enters the weekend having won five out of its last six outings.
• After posting a 3-1 record at the Liberty Invitational last weekend, the Flames are 3-2 at
Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season.
• The Flames have hit .328 over their last five games. Meanwhile, Liberty pitchers have a 1.29 ERA and allowed only 10 runs during the same span.
• Liberty and Kent State will be meeting for the second time on the diamond and the first time since 1987.
• Kent State is the final of three Mid-American Conference (MAC) teams Liberty will face this season. The Flames have already played Ohio twice at the Battle of the Beach Tournament, Feb. 23-24, and Ball State twice at the Liberty Invitational, Feb. 28-March 2.
• INF Ryan Seiz collected three hits, one a bases-clearing double, in win over Duke, Tuesday.
He posted his fourth three-hit game in five contests.
• Seiz was named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers (NCBWA) National Hitter of the Week for the week ending March 2 and was selected the Big South Conference Player of the Week.
• INF Dalton Britt drove in a career-high four RBIs in win over Ball St., last Saturday
• The 3B also drove in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning with his second single of the game in 2-1 win over Missouri, 2/25.
• 1B/C Alex Close collected five runs with three hits in win over Rider, last Sunday
• He is tied with Seiz with a .500 batting average with runners in scoring position.
• LHP Shawn Clowers recorded the win in Liberty's 8-2 win in 11 innings at Duke, Tuesday. Not only did he pitched two scoreless innings, but he also added an RBI single in his first
collegiate at bat in the 11th inning.
• LHP Jared Lyons allowed only two hits over seven innings in his first start of the year at Duke, Tuesday. He struck out a career-high 10 batters in the contest.
• RHP Trey Lambert ran his record to 2-1, last Saturday. Lambert pitched six shutout innings, giving up three hits in win over Ball State.
• RHP Parker Bean moved to 2-1, last Saturday in Liberty's 3-1 win over Rider. The freshman allowed one run on four hits over six innings. He struck out five batters.
Flames Clubhouse Report
• Join the Liberty Flames Sports Network's Nick Pierce each week for a look at Flames Baseball.
• The audio show is available at LibertyFlames.com each week throughout the season.
• Pierce, who brings you all the action of Liberty Flames baseball, takes a look back at the previous week, along with comments from Liberty head coach Jim Toman and key Flames.